wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Plaza-Restaurant_Full_56626.jpg

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Any estimates how long these walls will stay up? Hopefully they're down by July 20 (that's when I go, and I'm selfishly hoping nothing is gonna be under refurb so that my once-per-decade trip can be perfect lol)

Andrew25

Honestly, just expand the Ice Cream Parlor. It’s extremely popular and too small.
100%

In an ideal Blue Sky World, this gets "absorbed" into the Ice-Cream parlor for additional capacity/space and Casey's gets moved to where the theater was gonna go for more space/seating. I really don't understand why they continue to operate the Plaza. Rather small for a modern TSR location.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
It's a gorgeous building, but I agree. It's nothing special food-wise. Also, I hope someday they do something to fix the terrible sightlines over the backstage gate. You shouldn't be able to see backstage infrastructure, staircases, and other things that don't fit the theming, over a gate - that's the point of the gate! I say they do something like DLR has and build another two story building there with the gate as "doors" on the bottom floor.

Andrew25

It's a gorgeous building, but I agree. It's nothing special food-wise. Also, I hope someday they do something to fix the terrible sightlines over the backstage gate. You shouldn't be able to see backstage infrastructure, staircases, and other things that don't fit the theming, over a gate - that's the point of the gate! I say they do something like DLR has and build another two story building there with the gate as "doors" on the bottom floor.
With MK bursting at the seams, I wish they can finally build a dedicated & always open bypass street that is mostly covered and themed well (not just trees).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
With MK bursting at the seams, I wish they can finally build a dedicated & always open bypass street that is mostly covered and themed well (not just trees).

It would be amazing to get those side areas like DLP has but that will never happen. (NOTE: I've only seen photos but it looks like that's what they are)

Bocabear

the only change that I would appreciate ( I like the Plaza for the little respite from the crowds.) If and I man if they expanded the Ice Cream parlor to have table service Sundaes and food... Like Beaches and cream...but table service...Not waiting in line at a counter and then madly looking for a place to sit if there is one... There needs to be places here and there that provide a little rest from the mayhem...That is why this location has always been brilliant.

disneyC97

I love the Plaza Restaurant as it is and hope it doesn't change anytime soon.
All of the outside tables and chairs are for eating ice cream.
And to my understanding, it was carved out of space that was originally the ice cream parlor back in the 1970s, when management actually added locations instead of squeezing everyone into a few operating spaces.

Brian

Truths of life -
Death.
Taxes.
Construction walls somewhere in WDW.
I'm hardly a pixie duster, but it's very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If they don't keep up on maintenance, they'll be chastised for being neglectful and allowing bad show. If they do maintenance, they'll be chastised for walls and sometimes the venue being closed.

Disstevefan1

I'm hardly a pixie duster, but it's very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If they don't keep up on maintenance, they'll be chastised for being neglectful and allowing bad show. If they do maintenance, they'll be chastised for walls and sometimes the venue being closed.
Can we ask them to be faster? Like Universal is. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom