News The Plaza Restaurant Goes Behind Refurbishment Walls at Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Plaza-Restaurant_Full_57360.jpg
Nice! There are also sparkles in the glass. :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Most people know I’m on the critical side when it comes to things Disney is and has done for many, many years. While I did not dine there, the Plaza refurb is one of the best looking they have done in a while. Very well done.

Sir_Cliff

Geez, I hate to complain about everything WDW does... but that's awful show - those cameras and projectors are so blatant... they couldn't disguise them AT ALL?
That's exactly the sort of thing that distinguishes WDW from the other resorts. For example, the Mexico pavilion at Epcot has a bunch of visible security cameras:

1726797739811.png

Honestly, I think it looks worse in person.

Sir_Cliff

Not excusing them but most of that equipment belongs to entertainment and is for lagoon fireworks.
Fair enough, but I really wish they would find a better way to handle it. It really sticks out to me as the sort of thing Disney is reputed to be very good at concealing, but this is just stuck on top of the pavilion in full view of guests. If it was a temporary solution for a new show that was later properly concealed I would understand, but they seem content just leaving it like that.

FiestaFunKid

I am not the architectural expert at all but IMO the last two buildings towards the right look amazing and fit the era beautifully. The first building on the corner has great touches, apart from this portion which to me looks like newer construction materials trying to evoke an older style (but not quite pulling it off) -
1726926710552.png

This is a problem with the new poly tower, GF lobby in parts, and some other newer remodels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom