Trip Report Some People are Worth Melting For

We’re back!

Timeline: June 2024
Cast: Me (A), Dad (R), my sister SB, brother-in-law Iz, and niece B!
Why? It is little B’s first trip! I feel so thankful to be here experiencing the magic with her for the first time.

IMG_1966.jpeg

This is all of us pre-B during our last trip all together in 2021. I’m excited for SB and Iz to finally experience WDW since the pandemic. Things were quite different back in Summer 2021! They also of course haven’t ridden Ratatouille, Guardians, or Tron yet, so I’m looking forward to that for them too.

ToInfinity

Original Poster
Day 1:

We started the day with an 11:30 flight. Everyone was very excited!

The bus from the park & fly to the airport should count as the first ride. It was quite thrilling. 🫠

IMG_3967.jpeg

Ready to go!

IMG_3980.jpeg

I played 2048 on the plane and was proud of my work.

IMG_3978.jpeg

Almost there!

IMG_3984.jpeg

We landed, did a quick diaper change, grabbed luggage, and headed for Mears.

ToInfinity

Original Poster
We have had mixed luck with the Mears shuttle in the past. Today was pretty good, thankfully, because B had missed her nap and was right on the edge. We waited about 20 minutes for a bus and soon we were off.

IMG_3997.jpeg

That being said, our driver was absolutely in no hurry. Cars were passing us on all sides. 😂

IMG_4001.jpeg

We stopped at GF, Shades of Green, and then WL. We had two studios at Boulder Ridge booked and I hadn’t gotten any texts about the rooms so I went to the front desk. Mine and Dad’s room was ready so we headed on up.

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4003.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

SB and Iz’s room was ready very shortly after. They dropped their stuff and headed to Roaring Fork. After quick outfit changes, Dad and I met them. We were starving but just got a “snack” because we had Steakhouse 71 in a bit.

IMG_4009.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_4010.jpeg

Fun fact. I mobile ordered mine but SB had ordered theirs in the line. Mine was ready WAY quicker. 💁‍♀️

IMG_4011.jpeg

ToInfinity

Original Poster
We took the boat to MK next. Little B loved it!

IMG_4012.jpeg

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

Why to MK you may ask? Dad and I both upgraded to an AP! 🎉 We know we’re coming back together in October and I have another potential trip later this summer so it made sense. So exciting!

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4051.png

We quickly walked to the Contemporary once that was taken care of. B fell asleep on the way there. SB and Iz thought the lobby remodel looked great.

IMG_4026.jpeg

We checked in for the ADR and they were kind enough to give us a table where B could stay napping in her stroller.

IMG_4027.jpeg

SB and I both got the Selbach-Oster Reisling. It was SO good. Very smooth.

IMG_4031.jpeg

Minnie1986

We took the boat to MK next. Little B loved it!

View attachment 789184
View attachment 789185
View attachment 789186

Why to MK you may ask? Dad and I both upgraded to an AP! 🎉 We know we’re coming back together in October and I have another potential trip later this summer so it made sense. So exciting!

View attachment 789187
View attachment 789188

We quickly walked to the Contemporary once that was taken care of. B fell asleep on the way there. SB and Iz thought the lobby remodel looked great.

View attachment 789189

We checked in for the ADR and they were kind enough to give us a table where B could stay napping in her stroller.

View attachment 789190

SB and I both got the Selbach-Oster Reisling. It was SO good. Very smooth.

View attachment 789191
I absolutely LOVE a good Riesling; thanks for the rec!

ToInfinity

Original Poster
B woke up and our waiter brought her a water with a free glow cube. She enjoyed that. Soon the steaks arrived!

IMG_4032.jpeg

IMG_4033.jpeg

B got the kids salmon and ate the whole thing. We were blown away. Another win for Steakhouse 71! Service and food were excellent.

After dinner we split up. B was exhausted so SB and Iz headed for WL via the boat. Dad and I went a different direction.

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Disney ducklings. 🤍

IMG_4037.jpeg

Pirates was short so we headed that way. What is this scrim for? Seems excessively tall.

IMG_4038.jpeg

Pirates was listed as a 25 minute wait, but only 12 minutes after entering the queue we were here.

IMG_4040.jpeg

As we made our way around, we noticed a few boats on Tiana’s filled with people. I then stood there and stood there and not a single one after that went by full. 😂

IMG_4041.jpeg

The sky was pretty tonight.

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

Hopefully we’ll see ya soon, bears!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom