News Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

NormC

Space Mountain needs to be done more than BT but I am glad it is getting done as well. The stop at the bottom of the lift hill is very jarring. BT has one or two spots but SM beats you up the whole ride. We were there last week. Great weather LOL.

Sallie

My opinion……it’s insane the amount of closures happening all at one time. Makes the parks seem more crowded than they are. Not to mention the price hikes that seem to keep popping up. I get things need worked on or upgraded but to do it all at once is insane to me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

bmr1591

I think Sawyer and Riverboat will go down once BTMRR gets closer to reopening. They're trying to avoid a situation where the island, boat, Tiana and BTM are all down at once.

I highly doubt this. Sawyer and Riverboat will be down by April, if not earlier. Them being down won’t affect park capacity by any measurable means.

Disney Dad 3000

My opinion……it’s insane the amount of closures happening all at one time. Makes the parks seem more crowded than they are. Not to mention the price hikes that seem to keep popping up. I get things need worked on or upgraded but to do it all at once is insane to me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don't disagree, definitely a PIA if visiting next year into '26, but probably a combination of a couple of things. Most of what's happening (and a multitude of other maintenance things that need to happen) are long past due and it's come to a head where they don't have much of a choice at this point, coupled with '25 being a big year down the street. Imagine it will be a common choice to avoid next year because of the closures, prices you mentioned, etc. (which has become common for us the last 2 years after 7-8 years of doing 10-14 days a year down there).
Bright side, the construction at MK will all bit in a back corner (until ROA gets started), so you won't see much of the walls.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, I hope the sideways Whiplash will be softened by more banking. Also they need to do something about the two lifts with their super loud clanking in a closed space I plug my ears for that part.

tanc

I want new attractions and such, but the amount of closures is really just crazy to me. Really wish they spaced this out better, and maybe there is nothing they could have done. Can't feel excited for what probably will be EPCOT construction 2.0 for the next few years. Going this November and I am done for a while. Went to Disneyland this September and really enjoyed it, felt like a breath of fresh air. When they begin all the DCA work though I can't imagine what that park will be like though.

dmc493

BTMR is in a corner so it'll actually be among the least obtrusive to park guests (other than missing out on the attraction itself). Obviously Cars will become a huge wall eventually but nothing will rival Epcot's "transformation" since all park traffic had to flow past Wallcot multiple times per day

James Alucobond

I want new attractions and such, but the amount of closures is really just crazy to me. Really wish they spaced this out better, and maybe there is nothing they could have done. Can't feel excited for what probably will be EPCOT construction 2.0 for the next few years. Going this November and I am done for a while. Went to Disneyland this September and really enjoyed it, felt like a breath of fresh air. When they begin all the DCA work though I can't imagine what that park will be like though.
IMO, at least one attraction in each park should be closed at any given time for significant maintenance and/or enhancement. If it’s not, you end up with a ton of deferred maintenance and stagnant attractions that could benefit from minor improvements and modernizations. That said, there should be a much more reliable announcement cadence and longer lead times for closures.

dmc493

BTMR is in a corner so it'll actually be among the least obtrusive to park guests (other than missing out on the attraction itself). Obviously Cars will become a huge wall eventually but nothing will rival Epcot's "transformation" since all park traffic had to flow past Wallcot multiple times per day
Cars should hopefully be more interesting to watch too since there will be large vertical elements being built that are hypothetically very close to current pathways and easily visible from multiple locations. Wallcot was basically years and years of generic hardscape and sitework that no one could see except from the monorail.

Sneaky

with every refurb, I always have a slight hope imagineering remembers this banger of a song exists and finds a way to work it into the attraction…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom