Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2024

JohnD

According to the Walt Disney World website, the first night to sell out for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is October 31, 2024.

To compare, the first night to sell out in 2023 was also October 31, but not until July 3, 2023.

View attachment 786819
Oh well. I thought about it but I had been waiting on things to settle out on my end so haven't purchased a ticket yet. I have a trip planned 10/27-11/1. But I can also go 10/27 and 10/29 for the same price. Anything different about the 10/31 party other than being there on Halloween itself?

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Oh well. I thought about it but I had been waiting on things to settle out on my end so haven't purchased a ticket yet. I have a trip planned 10/27-11/1. But I can also go 10/27 and 10/29 for the same price. Anything different about the 10/31 party other than being there on Halloween itself?
No.

DCBaker

Premium Member
According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations open June 6, 2024 for Resort Guests for Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Parties and Table Service dining during the Halloween Party at The Plaza Restaurant and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Disney notes all other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Here are the updated announcements:

Starting June 6, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to enjoy a deviously delightful dessert party during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Starting June 6, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to dine at this restaurant during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dessert parties aren't worth the money when it's a regular park day - You are paying upwards of $100/person for average (at best) desserts you can't possibly eat enough of to justify the cost (The 6 of us tried, in the before-times, at a lower price point, still couldn't do it). During a party? I won't say it's dumb to do them, but... you have far more money than brains if you do.

ToTBellHop

Dessert parties aren't worth the money when it's a regular park day - You are paying upwards of $100/person for average (at best) desserts you can't possibly eat enough of to justify the cost (The 6 of us tried, in the before-times, at a lower price point, still couldn't do it). During a party? I won't say it's dumb to do them, but... you have far more money than brains if you do.
I remember when my kids were 2, they were free and the party was $30 (!)

Hard to believe it was that cheap 9 years ago. It was worth $60 to us. I could never imagine spending $500. Different strokes, I guess.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I remember when my kids were 2, they were free and the party was $30 (!)

Hard to believe it was that cheap 9 years ago. It was worth $60 to us. I could never imagine spending $500. Different strokes, I guess.
We got in at $69/person for the after-fireworks dessert party in 2019, just days before they hiked the price to $84/person. That was steep enough then, and like I said, we couldn't eat enough to justify the cost.

Of course, I remember buying Mickey Ice Cream Bars for my wife and I plus 2 of our 3 kids (at the time) for about $12, back in I want to say 2007 (and we did it a year or two earlier as well), and watching Wishes! from the Tomorrowland Terrace seating area facing the castle for free. Which is why I have no problem pointing out to people that Disney is, in fact, charging for things that used to be free.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's not labor costs, those are baked into normal ticket prices which do not drop just because there are fewer hours on a party day.
It's worse than that... with no discount for party day tickets, reduced ride availability during the party, and the party ticket price easily equivalent to or higher than a normal single-day ticket, they're practically doubling admission income with essentially no increase in labor expenses.

Conceded: a few more hours of electricity and water, but they don't take the park off the grid overnight anyway.

Animaniac93-98

According to the Walt Disney World website, reservations open June 6, 2024 for Resort Guests for Disney's Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Parties and Table Service dining during the Halloween Party at The Plaza Restaurant and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Disney notes all other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

No Cinderella's Royal Table this year?

DCBaker

Premium Member

Here are the updated announcements:

Starting June 6, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to enjoy a deviously delightful dessert party during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Starting June 6, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to dine at this restaurant during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Update - Disney has shifted the Resort Guest booking date for both the dessert parties and table service restaurants from June 6 to June 7:

Starting June 7, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to enjoy a deviously delightful dessert party during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Starting June 7, 2024, Guests staying at a Disney Resort hotel can book their reservation to dine at this restaurant during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—offered on select nights August 9 to October 31, 2024. All other Guests will be able to book reservations starting June 10, 2024.

Tom P.

A minor procedural question: Do you have to have tickets already purchased to the party in order to be able to book a dining reservation during the party? Or are those completely separate things?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So much for the much vaunted "shift" in the reservations for the dessert parties during MNSSHP. Didnt go live until after 8 this morning and then only for dates up until the end of August.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So much for the much vaunted "shift" in the reservations for the dessert parties during MNSSHP. Didnt go live until after 8 this morning and then only for dates up until the end of August.

I won't use the laughing reaction to the actual post, because I'm not laughing at you, but that's friggin' hilarious. You'd think a multi-billion dollar global media behemoth would have an IT staff with a clue. Oops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom