Trip Report Pomp & Circumstance… Sunshine & Shadows… A Different Kind of Disney Trip

Hello my friends! I know. I know. I have gone MIA AGAIN with an unfinished TR from September, and as @fractal pointed out, I do owe you not 1 ½ , but 2 ½ TR’s!

And now it is soon to 3 ½ …

I know I should pick up where I left off and not skip ahead, but writing has always been therapeutic for me and the last several months have been surreal. I’m thinking maybe if I write about it, maybe I will feel a little better.

This past December, my folks came to stay with us for the holidays.

IMG_4362.JPG

Right after Christmas, my mom decided that she did not want to go back to my brother’s house in NJ. She decided she wanted to stay with us in NY. I think she sensed something and wanted to be close to the area she and my dad were born and raised. Since January, my dad has spent 5 weeks in and out of the hospital. Finally, he said no more trips to the hospital. He made me promise him, so we called Hospice. Sadly, my daddy passed away last week.

IMG_7084.JPG

He was at home with all of us around him. He missed his 90th birthday by just a week. I guess he knew Heaven would give him a grander party. I miss him. I don’t think I’ve really accepted it yet. It just doesn’t seem real.

This is us on my wedding day…

IMG_7163.jpg

So that’s the shadows I feel around me.

The sunshine? Well that goes with the pomp & circumstance… Julia has graduated from Full Sail University with a Bachelors of Science in 3D Computer Animation. So proud of my girl! She had a bittersweet birthday last week losing her pop-pop.

IMG_7063.jpg

We will be flying down to Orlando for her commencement on May 10th. And since Full Sail is only about twenty minutes from Disney, Julia asked to go to her favorite park (EPCOT) for a day. She also asked to eat at Morimoto and maybe sneak a few hours in at the Studios. We will be flying out on Tuesday and back to NY on Saturday. So many memories to make…

This will be the first time we will be staying off site. We are staying at a “good neighbor” hotel in Lake Buena Vista, but it will definitely be a different kind of trip for us. Actually, I feel a great deal of guilt leaving my mom so soon after my dad passed. My brothers will both be staying at my house with her, but she is so attached to me… I’m not sure how this is going to go. I can’t even be out of the house for more than an hour without her having one of my girls call me and make sure I’m coming home soon. My parents were married for 69 years!!! I can’t imagine the grief my mom feels.

While I feel all that guilt, I also can’t wait to board that plane, close my eyes and just BREATHE. It’s been quite a stressful four months.

So here is my attempt at journaling this time… filled with so many emotions… from joy and happiness to sorrow and pain. Our time of sunshine and shadows.

cgersic

Oh golly, you've got me crying right along with you. Nothing like the love of a daddy, and I dread the day that mine is gone. Many hugs to you - I'll be missing you all by a week! Can't wait to see the memories made, and give yourself some grace on those unfinished reports. Get that heart healed first.
best friends love GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry to read about your Dad (and girl's Pop-Pop). I hope you get your breath!! You deserve it!
Ghost Hug GIF

And CONGRATS and Happy Belated Birthday to Julia!!

Thank you!!

I am so sorry for your loss 🤍 I hope that this trip brings healing and happy memories for your family.

Thank you! I am hoping it does.

So sorry to hear about your dad. Sending you all lots of love. ❤️

Many congratulations and happy birthday to Julia!

Thank you!

Oh golly, you've got me crying right along with you. Nothing like the love of a daddy, and I dread the day that mine is gone. Many hugs to you - I'll be missing you all by a week! Can't wait to see the memories made, and give yourself some grace on those unfinished reports. Get that heart healed first.
best friends love GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Thanks so much! I do love writing , so I hope I can finish them all soon.

So very sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.
Congrats to Julia!

Thank you!

We are so sorry for your loss. Please don’t feel guilty about this trip, enjoy making some more memories as this can help you to heal. Congratulations to Julia.
Thanks so much! I'm trying not to - but it's hard.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks so mcuh!

So sorry to hear about your dad; my heart goes out to you and your family.

Thank you! I appreciate it so much.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

Congratulations and a belated Happy Birthday to Julia!
Thanks so much!

Figment Forever

Premium Member
Original Poster
So.... I have to say I'm beyond upset and bewildered... Hope was just denied the DAS pass. I did the chat and the Cast Member actually said it wouldn't help her and to buy Genie Plus and make her wear noise cancelling headphones! (Which she will not wear) The CM was actually nasty. I just have no words. Hope qualifies for the IBCCES card for Six Flags and Universal, so she obviously has medical documentation... I just can't believe it. Ross says to try again tomorrow. I'm looking through her Neurologist's note to see if I didn't explain her situation correctly.. but seriously...

riverside

So.... I have to say I'm beyond upset and bewildered... Hope was just denied the DAS pass. I did the chat and the Cast Member actually said it wouldn't help her and to buy Genie Plus and make her wear noise cancelling headphones! (Which she will not wear) The CM was actually nasty. I just have no words. Hope qualifies for the IBCCES card for Six Flags and Universal, so she obviously has medical documentation... I just can't believe it. Ross says to try again tomorrow. I'm looking through her Neurologist's note to see if I didn't explain her situation correctly.. but seriously...
I have absolutely no nice things to say regarding this therefore I’ll remain quiet. But, seriously!!!! I’m absolutely appalled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom