News 2024 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I mean… it’s Disney world. Children will grab things, ECV’s will run into things…
I get your point, things like that happen, specially at a theme park.

What's not ok, imho, is parents of (older) kids allowing them to damage, or destroy things on purpose, then act like it's funny. I've seen that happen often at the parks and resorts, unfortunately.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This is giving off strong food-court-in-a-dying-mall vibes.
I was trying to figure out why it bothered me, and you nailed it!
Why is WDW going for that vibe? 🤔
I mean… it’s Disney world. Children will grab things, ECV’s will run into things…
come on, children will grab things anywhere. It’s up to the parents to stop them.

And ECVs are supposedly operated by adults, who should be able to avoid things.
People use laughing when they're shocked. It's like a way of showing they are not bothered or affected. I find it weird
I’m actually literally shocked by some of the posts in this thread excusing anti-social (rude) behavior. No one should be laughing at it.

mikejs78

Premium Member

EPCOT's CommuniCore Hall Debuts as Festival Center for 2024 Food and Wine Festival​

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_57410.jpg

CommuniCore-Hall_Full_57402.jpg
What a waste of space.

Tha Realest

Basil of Baker Street

Chef idea Mickey`=

It's really sad they pimp Figment out on all of their festival merchandise but refuse to give him proper representation with a top notch attraction.
It's also annoying for non figment fans. They did the same with Epcot Forever merch which was my favorite nighttime show along Illumination's ROE but I didn't even buy anything simply because it was just a logo on purple figment!

TrainsOfDisney

come on, children will grab things anywhere. It’s up to the parents to stop them.
Within reason though. There’s lots of things designed to be handled by people at Disney world - the interactive elements at mansion, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, etc.

I’ve certainly seen parents ignore kids to an unreasonable amount, but Disney should expect kids are gonna touch things within reach.
And ECVs are supposedly operated by adults, who should be able to avoid things.
The worst damage I’ve seen an ECV do was in the standby line for Rise. It’s dim lighting, lots of people, and pretty narrow to navigate. They turned a corner too sharp and took out some of the decorative elements. It’s pretty understandable- they weren’t being reckless.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Within reason though. There’s lots of things designed to be handled by people at Disney world - the interactive elements at mansion, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, etc.

I’ve certainly seen parents ignore kids to an unreasonable amount, but Disney should expect kids are gonna touch things within reach.
Handled does not equal broken, and interactive queues are not the same thing as "lemme break off this glued-down show item" (e.g., the disgusting honey wall in WTP, or the nearly impossible to displace jewels in SWMT--everything in both those queues has been childproofed!).

I still think that parents should keep an eye on their children in a queue and make sure they don't break stuff. We can agree to disagree on this. There's plenty adults break stuff at WDW, and that's a whole 'nother issue.
The worst damage I’ve seen an ECV do was in the standby line for Rise. It’s dim lighting, lots of people, and pretty narrow to navigate. They turned a corner too sharp and took out some of the decorative elements. It’s pretty understandable- they weren’t being reckless.
I'll give you this one. If WDW is insisting that ECVs go through a standby queue, they should make dang sure that an ECV can navigate said queue.

But if an adult is navigating Main Street on their ECV, they should drive it as though they were on a local road. ;)

TrainsOfDisney

I still think that parents should keep an eye on their children in a queue and make sure they don't break stuff. We can agree to disagree on this.
I think we probably agree - in general I’m annoyed by parents not watching kids but I do think there is an expectation that things be a little more kid proof at Disney.

I don’t really know what was on display and what got damaged in this situation so I’m not totally sure what to think.

Chef idea Mickey`=

This article even though they labeled kids had some interesting comments and one of the images here has a person photo posing and I guess it shows you can hold something from the table not sure if you could or were you allowed to even do that. I'm surprised not one person was watching and beginning to think it's possible one ten year old suddenly disastered the thing and now articles are everywhere making kids the problem as reading this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom