News 2024 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

DisneyRoy

I hardly think Epcot is the place to absorb that overflow. I'm not sure how much of a draw Tiana is based on the amount of discounted Tiana merch at that ap merch event last year.
On her own? Who knows. But this is a highly touted retheme of a greatly beloved attraction. This ride opening WILL drive business this summer.

But Epcot can easily absorb crowds more than the other two parks.

jeanericuser001

Is that salt/pepper shakers that look like trash cans? ROFLMAO That may be one of the first times I ever intentionally felt the urge to tip over a trash can just to have some of the contents land on the food on my plate. hehe Disney you are too much. 😨😰😱🫢😝😍

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the 2024 Eat to the Beat Concert Schedule:

Aug. 30-31 – The Fray
Sept. 1-2 – Sugar Ray
Sept. 6-7 – Hoobastank
Sept. 8-9 – Yellowcard (NEW)
Sept. 13-14 – Tiffany
Sept. 15-16 – MercyMe
Sept. 20-21 – Sheila E.
Sept. 22-23 – The Wanted (NEW)
Sept. 27 – Luis Figueroa
Sept. 28-29 – Mau Y Ricky (NEW)
Sept. 30 – Jesse & Joy (NEW)
Oct. 4-5 – Aloe Blacc (NEW)
Oct. 6-7 – Joey Fatone & Friends
Oct. 11-12 – We The Kings
Oct. 13-14 – Switchfoot
Oct. 18-19 – David Archuleta (NEW)
Oct. 20-21 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 25-28 – Hanson
Nov. 1-2 – Haley Reinhart featuring Emily Estefan, Casey Abrams and Janel Parrish (NEW)
Nov. 3-4 – Boyz II Men
Nov. 8-9 – Magic! (NEW)
Nov. 10-11 – Parmalee (NEW)
Nov. 15-16 – Smash Mouth
Nov. 17-18 – 98 Degrees

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

Aug. 30-31 – The Fray
Sept. 1-2 – Sugar Ray
Sept. 6-7 – Hoobastank
Sept. 13-14 – Tiffany
Sept. 15-16 – MercyMe
Sept. 20-21 – Sheila E.
Sept. 27 – Luis Figueroa
Oct. 13-14 – Switchfoot
Oct. 20-21 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 25-28 – Hanson
Nov. 1-2 – Haley Reinhart featuring Emily Estefan, Casey Abrams and Janel Parrish (NEW)
Nov. 3-4 – Boyz II Men
Nov. 8-9 – Magic! (NEW)
Nov. 15-16 – Smash Mouth
Nov. 17-18 – 98 Degrees

Hopefully that means we'll get menus - or at least a booth list - soon!

Comped

I haven’t heard of half of these acts.
An extremely weak lineup compared to pre-pandemic where they had legitimately good acts that were still selling out concerts and had major hits that everyone knew... I miss Night Ranger - only band I've ever seen twice in one day because they'd do an acoustic and an electric set (and vary some of the songs between them). Now I've literally never heard of a solid 65% of these bands/singers (and couldn't name songs from many of the returning ones either). Come on Disney, at least try and pay for some good acts to sell dining packages...

What's next? Paramore and the Jonas Brothers?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
An extremely weak lineup compared to pre-pandemic where they had legitimately good acts that were still selling out concerts and had major hits that everyone knew... I miss Night Ranger - only band I've ever seen twice in one day because they'd do an acoustic and an electric set (and vary some of the songs between them). Now I've literally never heard of a solid 65% of these bands/singers (and couldn't name songs from many of the returning ones either). Come on Disney, at least try and pay for some good acts to sell dining packages...

You expect something above C-list and nostalgia bands? That’s just crazy talk! (Don’t get me wrong, the nostalgia bands would get me most times because… well, let’s not get into that here 😁)

James J

In the Parks
No

Would happily take Paramore or the Jonas Brothers over some of the acts I've never heard of! But I don't think Disney will be booking bands that are currently supporting Taylor Swift/sell out arenas by themselves anytime soon ;)

Yellowcard are a fun addition for us elder emos, just wish they were in November during my trip rather than Smash Mouth and 98 degrees...

Comped

You expect something above C-list and nostalgia bands? That’s just crazy talk! (Don’t get me wrong, the nostalgia bands would get me most times because… well, let’s not get into that here 😁)
I mean, some of the band they got pre-pandemic were solidly B-list in terms of their old content, and didn't fit the "nostalgia act" label too much (if your songs are the basis for one or more Broadway shows/iconic movie or TV scenes, they deserve a bit more respect than that). That's more of a "1 original member in the band is left, and they're keeping the name alive for the money" (Survivor, The Guess Who, and many others). I'd happily take B/C list bands over this list any day to be honest.
Would happily take Paramore or the Jonas Brothers over some of the acts I've never heard of! But I don't think Disney will be booking bands that are currently supporting Taylor Swift/sell out arenas by themselves anytime soon ;)

Yellowcard are a fun addition for us elder emos, just wish they were in November during my trip rather than Smash Mouth and 98 degrees...
I swore they both stopped being relevant when I was a kid 1`5-20 years ago - when the Plain White Tees were still selling out stadiums (and are now reduced to playing Epcot occasionally)... Just wait a few years I suppose.

yensid1967

Out of this list...I only have heard of 3! I'm glad I am not giving Disney my $$ for this! God help you that do!
With ALL THE MONEY is RAKING in from guests, you would think they would have better music artists!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has added the following performers to the 2024 Eat to the Beat Concert Series lineup:

Aug. 29 - Finesse
Sept. 3-5 - Finesse
Sept. 10-12 - Hooligans
Sept. 17-19 - Foreigners Journey
Sept. 24-26 - Dian Diaz
Oct. 1-3 - Latin Ambition
Oct. 8-10 - Funkafied
Oct. 15-17 - Gilly and the Girl
Oct. 22-24 - Hayfire
Oct. 29-31 - Evolution Motown
Nov. 5-7 - Sugar Vibe
Nov. 12-14 - M-80s

WDWhopper

Disney has added the following performers to the 2024 Eat to the Beat Concert Series lineup:

Aug. 29 - Finesse
Sept. 3-5 - Finesse
Sept. 10-12 - Hooligans
Sept. 24-26 - Dian Diaz
Oct. 8-10 - Funkafied
Oct. 22-24 - Hayfire
Nov. 5-7 - Sugar Vibe
Nov. 12-14 - M-80s
Well, at least I’ve heard of the 80’s

(The decade, not the band 😂)

Tha Realest

As. Gen X’er I have to defend the slander towards some of these acts:

Aug. 30-31 – The Fray
Quadruple platinum debut album in 2005, biggest song became theme song to Gray’s Anatomy

Sept. 1-2 – Sugar Ray
Multiple top songs from late 90’s to early 00’s, lead singer is popular TV and Sirius XM host
Sept. 6-7 – Hoobastank
Not personally a huge fan of theirs or this type of music but they’ve sold over 10 million albums and have had a few recognizable songs
Sept. 13-14 – Tiffany

One of the early icons of the mid-80’s pop music era.
Sept. 15-16 – MercyMe
Sept. 20-21 – Sheila E.
Arguably one of the best drummers of all time, and put out classic hits in the mid-80’s due to her association with Prince.

Sept. 27 – Luis Figueroa
He’s had a number of hits over the last decade.
Member of *NSYNC. TV host. If you don’t know him, that’s on you.
Oct. 13-14 – Switchfoot
American Idol and Star Search winner. Tons of hit songs.
Oct. 20-21 – Billy Ocean

Another artist who created multiple iconic 80’s songs that reached #1.
Oct. 25-28 – Hanson

HUGE in the late 90’s. Again, not my cup of tea, but they were everywhere for a minute there.
Nov. 3-4 – Boyz II Men
Oh, just one of the most iconic R&B groups of all time and created a new genre of music.
Nov. 8-9 – Magic! (NEW)
Nov. 15-16 – Smash Mouth

Not a big fan but they were very big in their lane and achieved mainstream success.
Nov. 17-18 – 98 Degrees

Ditto above.

Comped

Aug. 29 - Finesse
Sept. 3-5 - Finesse
Sept. 10-12 - Hooligans
Sept. 24-26 - Dian Diaz
Oct. 8-10 - Funkafied
Oct. 22-24 - Hayfire
Nov. 5-7 - Sugar Vibe
Nov. 12-14 - M-80s
"We couldn't afford Foreigner or Journey, so we got the next best thing!" - whoever approved this list

Seriously - who the heck are most of these acts? Seems like a bunch of no name and tribute acts!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom