Summer-like temperatures this weekend

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well we know what Bob thinks this means for the parks…

tumbleweed GIF

Are there mass cancelations?
Obviously. 😉 Disney is only expecting 243 people in the parks this weekend due to the heat.

In all seriousness, I hope the runners stay well-hydrated and people remember that you need to drink some extra water and stay smart when in the parks this weekend.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

tumbleweed GIF

Obviously. 😉 Disney is only expecting 243 people in the parks this weekend due to the heat.

In all seriousness, I hope the runners stay well-hydrated and people remember that you need to drink some extra water and stay smart when in the parks this weekend.

Bob…attendance is down this summer, we need to make some changes

“No we don’t, it’s the suns fault and maybe a little Taylor Swift!”

DisneyCane

tumbleweed GIF

I'm not sure what it says about people when it is necessary to remind people to hydrate when it is hot outside which should be instinctual. This is not a criticism of your reminder. There are definitely a lot of people who need to be reminded.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not sure what it says about people when it is necessary to remind people to hydrate when it is hot outside which should be instinctual. This is not a criticism of your reminder. There are definitely a lot of people who need to be reminded.
I agree. It's not like high temps and humidity are a new thing. People should know by now what to do when it's hot.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I am here now and honestly it's hot but not that bad - the humidity is low. It was far worse when I was here in June of 2022 with similar temps but 98% humidity and a heat index approaching 110.

Lots of water, fans, cooling towels and we are good.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
I agree. It's not like high temps and humidity are a new thing. People should know by now what to do when it's hot.
So you’re saying that the sweat shirts, hoodies, winter jackets, hats, and gloves shouldn’t be put out on sale until it at least drops down to 78?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am here now and honestly it's hot but not that bad - the humidity is low. It was far worse when I was here in June of 2022 with similar temps but 98% humidity and a heat index approaching 110.

Lots of water, fans, cooling towels and we are good.
It has been drier air this week, which is good.

So you’re saying that the sweat shirts, hoodies, winter jackets, hats, and gloves shouldn’t be put out on sale until it at least drops down to 78?

Personally, I wouldn't sell those until the temp hits 75F. People can suffer a bit before bundling up, it's good for their bodies to experience cold temps like that.

Andrew25

In the short-term, I hope so. I understand it's not the park's fault if someone doesn't take care of themselves... but they should really make it clear/obvious of the free water available at QSR/CSR locations.

In the long term, I'd love to see the parks create (or reopen) indoor areas/lands in the parks that provide a relief from the heat along with protection from the weather. I actually think the best use of the Stitch space is a massive lounge/bar that connects to Cosmic Ray's... each park in Orlando needs dedicated lounge/relax spaces for families to just "hang out" at for a few minutes to recharge.

Surprisingly, SeaWorld does a a better job at warning people of heat by posting signs throughout the park/entrance and have added some shade throughout their parks.

JMcMahonEsq

tumbleweed GIF

It was actually very comfortable this morning running the 5K. Actually way more comfortable than I was expecting given how hot it was at ESPN yesterday picking up the bibs and such

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom