New summer 2024 Walt Disney World Resort hotel offers coming this week

DisneyDreamer08

Here are the booking dates and specifics for the Disney Visa free dining.
3FB85F55-7C4A-4E64-83E3-93E391FDC709.jpeg

IMG_4223.jpeg

Schweino

Out of curiousity, can you pay the difference to upgrade the dining plan? Say I chose to stay at FQ which gets the Quick Service plan, can I pay $40 more per night (difference between QS and regular) to get the regular plan?

Also second question, can I book two rooms under my name and get the promotion for a group of 4 or can I only do one?

DisneyDreamer08

Out of curiousity, can you pay the difference to upgrade the dining plan? Say I chose to stay at FQ which gets the Quick Service plan, can I pay $40 more per night (difference between QS and regular) to get the regular plan?

Also second question, can I book two rooms under my name and get the promotion for a group of 4 or can I only do one?

You can definitely pay the difference to upgrade!

The promotion is by room so you can book free dining for one room and a different promotion for another room, if that’s what you’re asking.

Schweino

The promotion is by room so you can book free dining for one room and a different promotion for another room, if that’s what you’re asking.
So I am a Disney card holder, but my sister is not. Can I book two rooms, one for me and my wife and one for her and her husband, and we all get the free dining promotion? Or will Disney not allow that since I won't be staying in the second room?

DisneyDreamer08

So I am a Disney card holder, but my sister is not. Can I book two rooms, one for me and my wife and one for her and her husband, and we all get the free dining promotion? Or will Disney not allow that since I won't be staying in the second room?
Ahh I see. I’m actually not sure! Hopefully someone else can chime in.

mje1064

The summer deals rolled out in January were a little better than these at least for the rooms % but got pulled earlier from what I remember.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

All guests can save up to 30 percent on rooms at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in summer 2024​

Walt Disney World offers 35 percent hotel discounts to Florida Residents and Annual Passholders for Summer 2024​

bmr1591

So my AP expires at the end of April. Let’s say I booked a package the first week of July to get free dining. Would I be able to use the ticket purchase price toward my AP renewal or would I have to wait until I got there to place it on an AP, meaning I wouldn’t get the discounted renewal price? Just curious.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
Interesting to note that it seems like this is the first time, to my knowledge, they are excluding higher tier resort inventory such as club level rooms from the promotion. The Q3 promotions includes them.

Also it doesn't appear that all the inventory is loaded yet.

Last edited:

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
So my AP expires at the end of April. Let’s say I booked a package the first week of July to get free dining. Would I be able to use the ticket purchase price toward my AP renewal or would I have to wait until I got there to place it on an AP, meaning I wouldn’t get the discounted renewal price? Just curious.
The answer is not really, because it may not be practical or cost-effective.

In order to take advantage of free dining you have to have standard non-discounted park admission for everyone in your reservation for the minimum amount of days specified in the promotion. (In this case 4 Days).

That means you would not be able to convert your tickets to APs until after the 4 days, but at that point since your renewal period would last through the end of May (30 Days) and you are traveling in July, you would essentially have to pay for a full price AP minus the pro-rated cost of a 4 day ticket.

Now if you're staying for like 2 weeks, that will work out in your favor, but if you're staying for 5 nights, it most certainly will not.

At that point, you're better off taking the AP discount on room and using the associated merch and TS discounts.

wannabeBelle

The answer is not really, because it may not be practical or cost-effective.

In order to take advantage of free dining you have to have standard non-discounted park admission for everyone in your reservation for the minimum amount of days specified in the promotion. (In this case 4 Days).

That means you would not be able to convert your tickets to APs until after the 4 days, but at that point since your renewal period would last through the end of May (30 Days) and you are traveling in July, you would essentially have to pay for a full price AP minus the pro-rated cost of a 4 day ticket.

Now if you're staying for like 2 weeks, that will work out in your favor, but if you're staying for 5 nights, it most certainly will not.

At that point, you're better off taking the AP discount on room and using the associated merch and TS discounts.
Monothingie is correct. As you would have to renew your AP prior to the end of May or so, you wouldnt be able to apply the money for the theme park ticket to the AP renewal. You can get there and immediately upgrade your ticket to a new AP, while applying the cost of the theme park ticket in the package towards that purchase.
Also if you book a room in July, I am assuming that you will be renewing your AP prior to your trip, and certainly then take a look at the AP room discount offers. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom