Rumor New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

MickeyLuv'r

Your math is based on the idea that people aren't already double-queuing. If Disney changed the DAS policy to not allow guests to be in two lines at once, those standby lines would naturally be somewhat shorter. IOW those waits aren't precluding people from riding while waiting a DAS return, just the number of times that the average DAS party can ride other attractions during the return window.
This is true. I was merely questioning the notion that (all/most) DAS users are power-using DAS to optimize park touring to optimal perfection.

From what I know of park touring, the QS are places like Casey's Corner are empty from opening through 11:45am. They get crazy busy 11:55-1:15pm, then wind down quickly until dinner.

The average park goer doesn't tour optimally, they tour based on emotion/wants, or what they read somewhere. If they toured optimally, they'd avoid the lunch rush.

In March, I visited AK on a slow day. Just after rope drop, FoP had a 90 minute wait, but EVERYTHING else was walk-on and stayed near walk-on for about 2 hours. People still chose to follow the herd and head to FoP. Parkgoers were touring based on emotion, not the most effective way to tour.

They would have done much better if they had chosen to ride FoP later in the day, when the wait was only 50-60minutes, but Dinosaur was 30minutes. I've seen the same pattern many times.

Last edited:

Ayla

WDW hasn’t been very clear on the rollout. I think what’s happening is a transition where some overlap between old/new will occur between May 20 and June 20. This might be intentional so the changes don’t shock park operations.

Possibly this is what’s happening: 2 groups are coming in with first park day May 28. The first group pre-registers before May 20 and for the most part not much changed. The second group registers after May 20, and that process includes more or most of the changes.

People have confirmed video chatting this week for trips starting after May 20 and reporting not much seems changed. Maybe the first changes won’t really be seen until registrations taking place after May 20, and full changes won’t be seen until after the June cutoff date.
If you have a trip starting after May 19th, your only option is video chatting.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
This is true. I was merely questioning the notion that (all/most) DAS users are power-using DAS to optimize park touring to optimal perfection.

From what I know of park touring, the QS are places like Casey's Corner are empty from opening through 11:45am. They get crazy busy 11:55-1:15pm, then wind down quickly until dinner.

The average park goer doesn't tour optimally, they tour based on emotion/wants, or what they read somewhere. If they toured optimally, they'd avoid the lunch rush.

In March, I visited AK on a slow day. Just after rope drop, FoP had a 90 minute wait, but EVERYTHING else was walk-on and stayed near walk-on for about 2 hours. People still chose to follow the herd and head to FoP. Parkgoers were touring based on emotion, not the most effective way to tour.

They would have done much better if they had chosen to ride FoP later in the day, when the wait was only 50-60minutes, but Dinosaur was 30minutes. I've seen the same pattern many times.
That's because EVERYONE wants to ride the triangle!

Angel Ariel

I'm assuming it has, since we are within the 30 day window of May 20th.
And multiple reports from those who've asked when they've gone to register have indicated that old rules are in effect *during registration* until May 20th. Disney has not yet had their accessibility service team trained by inspire health alliance.

Angel Ariel

Anyone with a trip from June 19-20 onward will be affected because the new rules do not go into effect until May 20th. This is from a CM I chatted with on Saturday.
And this is consistent with what I have read in reports from those doing pre registration now in other DAS forums as well.

ditzee

What if you have a 10 day ticket starting June 18? 😂
As HappyDay posted, be sure to register on May 18th. You would likely be grandfathered in under the existing rules because Disney wouldn't change during your trip IF all remains as we have been told, e.g., new rules for DAS video chats go into effect on May 20th.

RamblinWreck

As HappyDay posted, be sure to register on May 18th. You would likely be grandfathered in under the existing rules because Disney wouldn't change during your trip IF all remains as we have been told, e.g., new rules for DAS video chats go into effect on May 20th.
I wonder if this isn’t quite correct

The Disney website states that DAS right now is only good for 30 days after the date of registration.

But I’ve also seen people say that the passes they’ve been isssued have been good specifically for the length of their tickets.

I was only throwing this out as a hypothetical but now I’m kind of curious how that would play out, registering on May 19 for a trip that starts on June 18

ditzee

The Disney website states that DAS right now is only good for 30 days after the date of registration.

But I’ve also seen people say that the passes they’ve been isssued have been good specifically for the length of their tickets.

I was only throwing this out as a hypothetical but now I’m kind of curious how that would play out, registering on May 19 for a trip that starts on June 18
Not sure, lol - if a trip is anywhere close to or goes into when the new rules apply, I'd register. I did read somewhere that a person registering for DAS was told their pass was good for 30 days. Cannot remember if the person also had an AP.

Happyday

That makes no sense? Disney says to sign up 30 days ahead but not good beyond 30 days? I am thinking that may be for AP and they won't change the wording till the new rules are in effect for everyone and it will change to the 120 days. And those that have specific travel days it is only good for this trip as has been peoples experience.
I don't know what are your thoughts.

Brian

Under the current system, DAS lasts for 60 days. Under the new system, it will last for the length of the ticket if the guest has a date-based ticket, and up to 180 days if they don't.

RamblinWreck

Under the current system, DAS lasts for 60 days. Under the new system, it will last for the length of the ticket if the guest has a date-based ticket, and up to 180 days if they don't.
Not quite though.

When they announced the upcoming changes, they immediately changed the rule to 30 days from 60 days for trips prior to May 20th.

Trips after may 20, the rule is supposed to be it lasts the length of your ticket, or 120 days if you have an AP.

NotTheOne

In the general sense no, but we are talking about attraction access at a privately owned park.

In that case Disney is allowed to determine what they think is reasonable based on someone's needs and existing laws for their operations. The parents are irrelevant outside of providing the needed information. No where does it say they have to accept whatever a parent says. You child has to be front of line no matter what for the entire day? Disney does not have to accommodate that as it has crossed the line to unreasonable even though that may be a legit issue for some.
Disney is allowed to determine right up until a judge says they can't. The case that Disney won regarding getting rid of the GAC included tons of data from Disney that showed that providing the accommodation the parent asked for would be disruptive to park operations. Absent that data (and don't think for a second that Disney doesn't have the data to back up these new changes), the court very easily could have said that the request was reasonable and forced Disney to provide the 10 re-entry passes per day that were being requested.

NotTheOne

No one here is promoting what you're referring to.

People are discussing accommodations they've already received that allow them to "realistically" experience a theme park, and concerns that experience may change if existing accommodations - which the courts have already ruled are reasonable - are no longer available.

No one here is advocating for unreasonable accommodations.
The courts have ruled the accommodation (DAS) is reasonable for autism - nothing else that I'm aware of. Which I suspect is why Disney specifically mentions autism on the DAS site.

No question in my mind that there will be lawsuits over the changes, and the courts will decide whether DAS is reasonable for other issues or whether the new accommodations, whatever those might be, are reasonable in the place of DAS.

NotTheOne

It's quite simple....Person A can sit in a wheelchair and be fine...Person B doesn't have that same accommodation. The physical issues have always been weird to me...So if I'm missing a leg(and can't hop down a full queue) and "refuse" to use a provided wheelchair then I can just get DAS and skip the line?
You shouldn't be able to...in fact, on of the Disney sites (may have been DLR), this example is given for use of rider switch...someone who chooses not to use a mobility aid and wait in line.

NotTheOne

What will Disney recognize as a disability.
My Grandaughter even with medication suffers from seizures is that considered a disability.
My Grandson has diabetes is that considered a disability.
So we're going to have some " Health Expert" on the phone make the call.
From the happiest place on earth to the greediest place on earth .
Just because someone has a recognized disability doesn't mean they need accommodations. Not everyone with diabetes needs accommodations, and not everyone with seizure disorders need accommodations. Not everyone with autism or another developmental disability needs accommodations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom