News Disneyland to Electrify Autopia: Are Tomorrowland Speedway's gas cars next?

ToTBellHop

You don't need to convince me. You need to convince those ideologically opposed to electrification of transit.

;)
I don’t like how quiet EVs are. If I’m out for a jog, jamming out to the Innoventions Area Loop on my beats, I need a loud diesel engine or I won’t hear your EV backing out as you munch on celery.

Diesel saves lives. Celery kills. I don’t want to become a statistic.

Disstevefan1

You don't need to convince me. You need to convince those ideologically opposed to electrification of transit.

;)
Autopia cars are just big toys (or glorified ECVs) and can use safe gel cells.

In my opinion, I am against the government's push for EVs. or I like to call "remote combustion" vehicles. There are scenarios where an EV should work as a daily driver, but EVs should not be pushed on manufactures and customers and the free market should determine if EVs should exist.

My favorite example is smart phones. For decades and decades human kind existed without them, the smart phone was not forced on anyone and today folks can't live without these very expensive, "adult toys" we call smart phones.

SteveAZee

I like to imagine the scenario where we've been driving electric cars for the last century and someone starts building ICE cars and tries to convince us it's a better way to go.

- Range anxiety! Where you going to put all these gasoline depots? You're going bury tanks of gas underground?
- I'm supposed to drive my kids around with a huge gas tank right behind them?
- You're putting an engine that makes gas explosions 1000's of times a minute... right in front of us?
- I've heard the things explode on impact
- OMG the refining process! That's filthy and creates pollution along with the car's exhaust system!
- The government is subsidizing the gas and oil companies! Where's my pitchfork?

Incomudro

EV Batteries can potentially be extremely dangerous, especially ones subject to grueling conditions, rough service environment, and frequent recharges.

I loved the experience, but there is a lot of potential to do something different with the existing space.
All they need to be is re-bodied golf carts.

Disstevefan1

I like to imagine the scenario where we've been driving electric cars for the last century and someone starts building ICE cars and tries to convince us it's a better way to go.

- Range anxiety! Where you going to put all these gasoline depots? You're going bury tanks of gas underground?
- I'm supposed to drive my kids around with a huge gas tank right behind them?
- You're putting an engine that makes gas explosions 1000's of times a minute... right in front of us?
- I've heard the things explode on impact
- OMG the refining process! That's filthy and creates pollution along with the car's exhaust system!
- The government is subsidizing the gas and oil companies! Where's my pitchfork?
You have a good imagination.

I can’t imagine the modern world without oil, gas and plastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom