“Something major” coming to DHS???

ppete1975

My guess is Animation Courtyard

Also, cause I like chaos, there's got to be some genius in Team Orlando pushing some Taylor Swift 😆
I know youre joking but she has at least 2 huge specials for Disney+ and I am sure her era tours will drive subscriptions and be one of the most watched streaming shows in history. Remeber swifties watched football just to see 5 seconds of her in a sky box. They even had swifty swiftie? I dont know which super bowl watch parties.

IF they were to retheme lets say rnr to taylor swift, the demand would be staggering.

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
I know youre joking but she has at least 2 huge specials for Disney+ and I am sure her era tours will drive subscriptions and be one of the most watched streaming shows in history. Remeber swifties watched football just to see 5 seconds of her in a sky box. They even had swifty swiftie? I dont know which super bowl watch parties.

IF they were to retheme lets say rnr to taylor swift, the demand would be staggering.
I agree. And they can finally rid themselves of that meddlesome CBS/Viacom licensing deal and retheme to Tower of Travis. The piped in screams can be from other AFC fandoms over the last six years.

BrianLo

Zootopia. Star Wars launch bay and custodial.

CBA96494-25D5-43A5-9B10-AC8137D9B44C.jpeg

If we’re really lucky Little Mermaid and Disney Junior get some better facades.

doctornick

There's been talk about Cars Land possibly going to DHS....

Also, I'd note that @MerlinTheGoat post didn't explicitly say "not MK or DAK" - it indicated not one of the rumored projects that we know about - seemingly meaning Tropical Americas (DAK) or Beyond Thunder Mountain (MK). It could be something different in those parks - e.g. a Moana attraction in Adventureland on the old Fire Mountain expansion space (not saying this is the case, but just that something like that could fit what was said).

Edit: Just to be clear, I would agree that the reference is very likely talking about something at DHS, I'm just saying that it's possible that it could be something different at DAK or MK

Edit again: Okay, I just got back to the original thread/post and it appears s/he did clarify that it was referring to DHS. So, nevermind.

Last edited:

Andrew25

Oh I know, I was partially joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone is looking at how much merch they can sell. While I'm not a fan of hers, if I were a business exec, I'm pushing her in the parks just like any other box office success lol

cjkeating

Isn’t there usually a five-year exclusivity on those overseas parks? Or this that only an OLC arrangement?
That's a bit of an urban myth. Some rides/parks are more likely to have some more exclusive deals than others. OLC certainly does. SHDL likely has an Asia only agreement for example.

BrianLo

Isn’t there usually a five-year exclusivity on those overseas parks? Or this that only an OLC arrangement?

I don’t believe there’s ever been Shanghai exclusivity that has been mentioned. It’s mostly (or exclusively) been on Hong Kong products and is variable project to project. OLC more refuses to subsidize Disney for developments. More stop selling us the projects you are already building and build what we want.

Or the real pessimistic take is “Zootopia, opening Fall 2028, because we cannot earlier”. That’s maybe not even pessimistic. Disney kept Toy Story Playland in the wings at Shanghai and opened it nearly exactly at the five year mark.

James Alucobond

View attachment 773611

It would at least be the least offensive place for Zootopia to go, though I still think if they’re going to duplicate an existing land, Carsland makes the most sense since a Hollywood to Route 66 connection actually kind of works thematically. Only problem is the Radiator Springs / Test Track overlap, but perhaps that can be mitigated by the TT redo.

In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 773611

Speaking of DJR and I know I said this already but, I'm hoping they'll eventually change up the characters(bring back Sofia for example) or replace it completely with a new show solely based on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse around the same time as the new-ish Mermaid show, to coincide with the revived series next yr, because all the shows represented in the current DJR now have all ended with only two still airing reruns(Mickey gets a pass bc he's timeless and he has more than a dozen shows for the Pre-K crowd), while two others are completely cancelled(Vampirina and Lion Guard, especially the latter where it came to an end in 2019 before COVID shuttered everything and when the stage show came back after WDW reopened, Timon is still featured bc they were too lazy to phase out Lion Guard for Mira the detective or whatever, I know Disney Plus exists and has all these shows, but they're nowhere near that popular as stuff like MMCH (even though every show from the block and channel have either ended and became reruns only or cancelled completely including the recent Mira)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom