American Heartland theme park (Oklahoma 2026)

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Obviously with Epic Universe opening in 2025 that brings a lot more competition Disney's way with Universal being so close in proximity, but is there any impact that you feel American Heartland will bring to Disney when it opens in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area in 2026? From what I have seen it is going to be a park that might have that same sort of feel Dollywood or Silver Dollar City has perhaps. But I've never been to Oklahoma but it is right near the middle of the U.S. and could something like that take away a potential guest or two that may have driven to Florida for a theme park experience?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm waiting for Libertyland in Rapid City South Dakota opening in 2026..Which if you look closely is a blatant Disney America/DCA clone park right down to the Airfield and Boardwalk Pixar Pier themed areas...
F_iVbOhXMAA6tUF.jpg:large

Aaannd Here's the concept for Disney's America.....
49221ec877b5f523b94524917cdaec26.jpg

rangerbob

I just hope those 2 parks survive. Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach looked like it was going to be a good park but it never made it off the ground.

JIMINYCR

Sure. Any new park situated in another area of the USA will steal some guests away. People on that side of the country will stay more local as long as the attractions and entertainment delivers. Disney has the brand and reputation and don’t forget the draw just being in FL has. So Dis won’t be hurt terribly by these builds but they will lose some guests to the location and having less travel costs.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I'm waiting for Libertyland in Rapid City South Dakota opening in 2026..Which if you look closely is a blatant Disney America/DCA clone park right down to the Airfield and Boardwalk Pixar Pier themed areas...
F_iVbOhXMAA6tUF.jpg:large

Aaannd Here's the concept for Disney's America.....
49221ec877b5f523b94524917cdaec26.jpg

I had actually forgotten about that defunct idea to put a Disney park in Virginia back in the day. By the way, I like the idea of the park in Rapid City. Very close to Mount Rushmore. I've always wanted to see Rushmore but just never could find enough stuff to see on the way to South Dakota. A nice theme park makes the trip more worthwhile. I hope it works out and opens.

I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting on American Heartland.

They are falling behind the proposed Fall of 2026 timeline you mean?

Sure. Any new park situated in another area of the USA will steal some guests away. People on that side of the country will stay more local as long as the attractions and entertainment delivers. Disney has the brand and reputation and don’t forget the draw just being in FL has. So Dis won’t be hurt terribly by these builds but they will lose some guests to the location and having less travel costs.

I am thinking that American Heartland in Oklahoma won't hurt Disney, but if anything it might help out Silver Dollar City, which as we know is already a pretty darn good park on its own. But where Heartland is opening and Branson it is only just over a couple of hours away. Competition is good. Wouldn't hurt Branson I assume.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
There is no competition. This park will never see the light of day.
I highly doubt American Heartland is ever build. Maybe an RV campground with a water park....maybe.

Just wondering why you think this. Granted, it wouldn't be the first nor the last proposed theme park to not be built. But what is your thinking as to why this won't happen? Lack of funds?

Also, what about Libertyland in South Dakota? Both are slated for 2026. I don't know if it will happen, but that is just two years away so there must be some plan.

Basil of Baker Street

Just wondering why you think this. Granted, it wouldn't be the first nor the last proposed theme park to not be built. But what is your thinking as to why this won't happen? Lack of funds?

Also, what about Libertyland in South Dakota? Both are slated for 2026. I don't know if it will happen, but that is just two years away so there must be some plan.
Several factors. Location, staffing, weather etc. Also some industry pro are doubting it as well. We shall see though.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
annnnd seriously if they have not broken ground yet, then you can be absolutely sure the park pictured will not be opening in 2 years...there is absolutely no way.

Yeah, and the location where it is supposed to be built is pretty rural so would probably require a lot of infrastructure work.

ppete1975

Its an RV park with a theme park attached. No it wont compete against Disney. IF it gets built, just keeping people employed will be an issue if it ever becomes popular (the population base in that area isnt huge). And there is a theme park in okc owned by six flags called frontier city. And I wouldnt say that affects Disney.
I dont see this park IF it comes, will hurt silver dollar city or six flags. It could hurt frontier city but that's a big if.

Also Universal is building a kiddie park in Dallas... that might cost Disney more people than heartland will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom