News Sunglass Hut opens in EPCOT's World Celebration Gardens

MrPromey

I may have missed it, but I don’t recall people having conniption fits when they stuck Starbucks and McDonalds fries in the parks.
You did (miss it).

If you spend some time searching back into these forums, you'll be able to find it, though, right along with the discussion of the Sunglass Hut that displaced a unique shop in Adventureland.

Last edited:

vikescaper

How much revenue does a fountain produce? Epcot could charge rent for using the World Showcase garbage cans. It makes for tabletop eating and drinking for all of us during Food and Wine.
How many people stand around and watch the SSE shows? Add in a fountain that is synced to the shows and a festival booth or two and you then have a revenue producing fountain!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I welcome this as someone who's walked into EPCOT as my first park, realized I forgot my sunglasses at home, and purchased whatever Disney sells in their shop.

Nubs70

I cant speak for conniption fits as I never had one, but the guest experience aside, Disney LOVES TO BE THE LANDLORD! Disney doesn't care about the guest experience or if the hut sells a single pair of sunglasses as long as they PAY THE RENT ;)
And the rent is a majority fraction of the gross not the net.

There was an episode of the show by Marcus Limonis of a popcorn store in Disney Springs and the percentage was insane.

Disstevefan1

Dad to family: "We are not going to pay for Genie+ and ILLs here in EPCOT"

Dad thinking to himself: "Since we are not going to get on any attractions today AND I saved a sh@t ton of money not buying Genie+ and ILL I can do some sunglass shopping and maybe pick up a pair of those sweet Mickey and Minnie Wayfarer line of shades". ;)

mightynine

Sunglass Hut: “I thought we were getting a location in Disney Springs?”

WDW: “You didn’t say if you wanted the free one or the one people pay to get in.”

UNCgolf

I've never liked Starbucks in the parks. It detracts from theming... plus nearly everything at Starbucks is terrible, but that's a separate discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom