News Widespread wireless outage hits AT&T customers at Walt Disney World

Eric Graham

Most likely a hack. Healthcare industry also hacked impacting pharmacies nationwide.
In a city near me the whole city's system had been hacked recently and they opted not to pay the ransom. The people who did it were notorious for putting their information they hacked on the dark web. The city revealed that they had not updated their systems in 20 years....

Lilofan

In a city near me the whole city's system had been hacked recently and they opted not to pay the ransom. The people who did it were notorious for putting their information they hacked on the dark web. The city revealed that they had not updated their systems in 20 years....
Anonymous strikes again... If these hackers could actually apply their brains to a legitimate job, this world may be better in the long run.

plutofan15

They were relaying on the news that it was due to an AT&T update....
This is correct. As an ex-engineer at AT&T who worked there for 25+ years until 2018, this is karma coming back to bite them in the a$$. Years of constant layoffs and recent ridiculous policy changes causing valuable talent & experience to leave, leads to this. Can’t say I’m surprised.

JoeCamel

This is correct. As an ex-engineer at AT&T who worked there for 25+ years until 2018, this is karma coming back to bite them in the a$$. Years of constant layoffs and recent ridiculous policy changes causing valuable talent & experience to leave, leads to this. Can’t say I’m surprised.
I wonder what other company is losing institutional knowledge along those lines these last few years? Hmmmmm....

Fido Chuckwagon

ABC News is reporting the AT&T outage affected more than 100M customers nationwide.
Yeah that tracks with what I experienced today. It definitely wasn’t “tens of thousands.” I mean, it probably affected “tens of thousands” of people in Disney World alone today. The fact that every media organization kept repeating “tens of thousands” all sourced to one website “down detector” which itself was solely based on people submitting reports to down detector was beyond ridiculous.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Well, with that quote, you have proven to me that I can't trust that any of your articles have actually been researched.

Do you need a hug?

4B482AAE-6B89-42D3-9FF4-6ED834A6FBA3.gif

tanc

Imagine if you missed out on a VQ due to this, if that's the case for anyone I feel sorry for them. Literally nothing people could do in a situation like that.

Lilofan

That’s amazing you lasted 25 plus years with AT&T. In the last few years 32% of their workforce was cut. In the companies I worked for I survived many layoffs and I practically kissed the ground to survive but with increased workload and minimal raises to follow. At least I had a job. When your peers get walked out the door, not much time for good byes because I could be next.

Fido Chuckwagon

Imagine if you missed out on a VQ due to this, if that's the case for anyone I feel sorry for them. Literally nothing people could do in a situation like that.
Yeah but it’s a zero sum loss because for everyone who “missed out on a VQ because of this” there was another person who “got a VQ because of this.”

Eric Graham

Actually, from Google, it was disruption was caused by the "application and execution of an incorrect process used as we were expanding our network," or, more simply put, a technical error.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom