Sebastian’s food limits

happymom25

Original Poster
Are they still limiting bread consumption at Sebastian’s? We’ve dined there before and enjoyed it. But I have 10 and 11 year old “disney adults” now. They eat more bread/ sides than other items. I feel like if I’m paying $38 dollars for their plates, they should be able to have three rolls each if they want. If they are still limiting, we’ll skip it.

NelleBelle

If I recall, when we ate there last fall and mentioned how much we loved the bread, our server informed us that they make them in the WDW bakery just for Sebastians and they only make so many of them?? Either way, they should realize how popular the bread is and that lots of people (kids in particular) love the bread service and bring more if requested!! What a bummer.

MissingDisney

Oh goodness. Thank you for the info! We are definitely skipping it.
If you haven't tried it, the Boathouse at Disney Springs has amazingly tasty bread and they don't limit-in fact we never had to ask, they just kept bringing it. And the food was really, really good. We passed on Boathouse for years (we're not big seafood people) until the last couple trips. Now it's a must-do and everyone leaves stuffed. The sides are shareable sizes so our adult kids order a couple to split along with a couple orders of the filet sliders. It comes out to about $30 per person which is very reasonable considering the amount and quality.

happymom25

Original Poster
If you haven't tried it, the Boathouse at Disney Springs has amazingly tasty bread and they don't limit-in fact we never had to ask, they just kept bringing it. And the food was really, really good. We passed on Boathouse for years (we're not big seafood people) until the last couple trips. Now it's a must-do and everyone leaves stuffed. The sides are shareable sizes so our adult kids order a couple to split along with a couple orders of the filet sliders. It comes out to about $30 per person which is very reasonable considering the amount and quality.
We haven’t tried it! Thanks for the recommendation! (I always wish we had more time in DS so we can eat more food there. 😂) Maybe we’ll do this on departure day instead of Polite Pig.

Weather_Lady

Just piling on to add a Boathouse recommendation. We had our first meal there last August, and were so impressed with the quality of the food, the generous portion sizes, and the top-notch service, that we can't wait for a return visit. (If you can spring for it, the amphicar tours are also amazing!)

JIMINYCR

In the last 10 years Disney never ceases to amaze me --- in a negative way. Stingy is putting it mildly
Stingy? At least they are giving an initial serving. I can understand if its a bread thats made specifically for that restaurant and they have a finite amount in house. Many of the restaurants that we dine at have stopped serving bread/ dinner rolls at all before or with meals. You cant even request it. Some that will serve by request charge for it as an extra onto the meal.

happymom25

Original Poster
Stingy? At least they are giving an initial serving. I can understand if it’s a bread thats made specifically for that restaurant and they have a finite amount in house. Many of the restaurants that we dine at have stopped serving bread/ dinner rolls at all before or with meals. You cant even request it. Some that will serve by request charge for it as an extra onto the meal.
Yes, it does seem some restaurants have stopped serving bread. But this is a family style “all inclusive” non character meal for $38 a person. Usually these meals at Disney are AYCTE and you aren’t allowed to take any leftovers to go. While it’s not a bad value for an adult, it’s a pretty terrible value for a typical 10 or 11 year old. And if I’m paying that much, I want my kid to be able to eat salad and three rolls if they want. 😂

It does seem strange that they limit the bread. I mean if someone is eating several extra rolls then they probably aren’t getting seconds on meat. Bread is cheaper than meat.

MissingDisney

Yes, it does seem some restaurants have stopped serving bread. But this is a family style “all inclusive” non character meal for $38 a person. Usually these meals at Disney are AYCTE and you aren’t allowed to take any leftovers to go. While it’s not a bad value for an adult, it’s a pretty terrible value for a typical 10 or 11 year old. And if I’m paying that much, I want my kid to be able to eat salad and three rolls if they want. 😂

It does seem strange that they limit the bread. I mean if someone is eating several extra rolls then they probably aren’t getting seconds on meat. Bread is cheaper than meat.
The family style/platter meals are not necessarily all you care to enjoy. If you notice, those that are all you care to enjoy are specifically stated as such in the meal description and price. Sebastian does not say AYCTE and is quite a bit less expensive than those that are listed as such.

This from LTT. Sebastians does not have any of this wording in their meal description, just a listing of courses served. I think those without specific wording have cracked down substantially on previous generosity in additional requests.

Sign of the times, I suppose.

Attachments

• IMG_7755.jpeg
    IMG_7755.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 59

Tony the Tigger

The family style/platter meals are not necessarily all you care to enjoy. If you notice, those that are all you care to enjoy are specifically stated as such in the meal description and price. Sebastian does not say AYCTE and is quite a bit less expensive than those that are listed as such.

This from LTT. Sebastians does not have any of this wording in their meal description, just a listing of courses served. I think those without specific wording have cracked down substantially on previous generosity in additional requests.

We just stayed there in January and they did offer to bring seconds of certain things. We took them up on it for a couple. I don’t see why bread is such a big deal. Eat something else. Learn a lesson in life.

happymom25

Original Poster

Yes, I think you’re right…similar to Topolino’s no longer allowing an additional side item. (Which we’re choosing to skip this time as well.) We’re being a bit more selective with our meals during this early “Disney adult” phase where our kids aren’t eating like adults, but we’re paying those prices.

happymom25

Original Poster
We just stayed there in January and they did offer to bring seconds of certain things. We took them up on it for a couple. I don’t see why bread is such a big deal. Eat something else. Learn a lesson in life.
I would just rather not pay a premium for a family style meal where my kids might not be able to get more of something they want to eat. The meal isn’t so great that it’s a big loss for us to skip it.
(And I’m not into planning life lessons for my kids on a vacation. No soup for you!! 😉)

JIMINYCR

But if it is true as was mentioned above that the bread is specially made for this dinner service and they have finite amounts to serve then they cant give out as much as everyone wants. Its a matter of having enough of a supply to serve everyone. Eating bread instead of meat isnt a this for that. Its what supply is going to be available for the dining guests.

If you know this spot isnt going to feed your kids enough then skip the restaurant and dine elsewhere.

lazyboy97o

But if it is true as was mentioned above that the bread is specially made for this dinner service and they have finite amounts to serve then they cant give out as much as everyone wants. Its a matter of having enough of a supply to serve everyone. Eating bread instead of meat isnt a this for that. Its what supply is going to be available for the dining guests.

If you know this spot isnt going to feed your kids enough then skip the restaurant and dine elsewhere.
It’s not being made by some elderly couple out of their small shop who can only do so much before their arthritis acts up. It’s being made in a giant commercial bakery that churns out baked goods by the gross.

UNCgolf

Why would you pay for an all you can eat meal if it doesn't apply to what you want? There's nothing wrong with someone preferring bread; it's no different than if they didn't allow seconds of the chicken, fish, beef, etc. -- it doesn't make sense to pay the all inclusive price in that scenario. There are too many other options.

JIMINYCR

It’s not being made by some elderly couple out of their small shop who can only do so much before their arthritis acts up. It’s being made in a giant commercial bakery that churns out baked goods by the gross.
IF the bread is being made specifically for that restaurant then it’s being made in specific amounts for their dinner service. It isn’t being mass produced by a commercial bakery that’s churning out a gross amount of bread for all the Disney dining restaurants.
I don’t know if that’s the case . I’m going by the message posted above that informed us that it’s being made solely for Sebastian’s. IF that’s the case then there’s only so much bread brought in daily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom