New Land Suitability Plan

tl77

Around Magic Kingdom, there are two areas behind the park that have gone from Unsuitable to Marginally Unsuitable. The area at the back of the park between the park and the railroad track has gone from suitable to either Marginally Suitable or Marginally Unsuitable.

View attachment 766097
Where is the full map for 2023? ...and this 2020 map is from way before 2020, it doesn't even have the Magic Kingdom bus stops on it

tl77

That's a good question since it went all the way from suitable down to marginally unsuitable.
Rain water run off from newer construction would cause changes like that, there's a new water retention pond behind Beast castle restaurant that downgrades the area were a rain water pond was dug out

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And the 2020 plan...

tl77

Page 122 shows where they plan future expansion between 2027/2032. Square #10, West of Magic Kingdom and North of The Grand Floridian, shows "Hotel/Resort - Potential", and only the north side of the ESPN complex shows "Entertainment - Potential"

p122.jpg

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

The color chart keeps throwing me off. To me red means "no" and green means "go," so with "suitability" I'd expect suitable to be green and unsuitable scale to be shades of red. But nope, it's the other way around.
Is it that green=conservation and water retention?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are you sure? I thought I saw passages demanding that Disney prove future projects will not exceed the limits of Table 2-1.

As I read more you are correct, although there are processes for amending the document to allow more development.

That's what I wrote? 😵‍💫We appear to be at cross-purposes here?

Anyway, I thought of a saner way of interpreting Table 2-1:

Maybe the increment is the increment for the maximum amount of parks from that time forward, not the maximum amount of actual addition parks?

Have the second 5 year increment be blank for new parks is interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom