Number 1 resort

Disfan12

Original Poster
Hi,
I am planning a trip and am waiting to stay on property. This will probably be the only time we stay on property so my question is;

Which resort would you pick if it would be your only time ever staying on property?

Thanks!

Smiley/OCD

Ok, if you want “frou-frou”, I liked Boardwalk…boat ride or short walk to Epcot…boat of long walk to HWD, buses to MK and AK.

My favorite? Art of Animation…great theming and your 9yo will love it! Family suite, so good space for everyone…skyliner to Epcot and HWD…if you want value, Pop Century, across the lake from AoA and you still can use the skyliner.
The moderate resort choice would be POR…AKL & Wilderness Lodge are awesome but the only downside is their location getting to/from the parks…just my two cents…enjoy!!!

plutofan15

My two cents for whatever that is worth. For value resorts, another vote for the family suite at Art of Animation. Our favorite moderate resort would be either Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter. Both very nice resorts and the boat ride to Disney Springs is a relaxing way to open up many more dining choices. If you are going to be there during warmer months and plan to spend time at a pool, Beach Club would be a great choice. The pool would be perfect for both kids. I would also recommend the cabins at Fort Wilderness campground. It would offer a separate sleeping area where your one year could nap and it would give you a place to relax & watch some TV if the youngest (or both) goes to bed early. We always found normal hotel rooms a bit difficult to try to be quiet when they fall asleep early. Plus the cabins have a full kitchen. The one or two bedroom villas at vacation clubs are possibility as well. Along with the privacy of separate bedrooms and the kitchen, they offer in room laundry machines which might come in handy with a one year old. Depending on which parks are your priority, we like the Polynesian for Magic Kingdom, the Boardwalk for Epcot/Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom Lodge for Animal Kingdom. Not sure if I helped or just confused you more. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

mf1972

we just stayed at the yacht club for the first time last october/november. best pool on property. nice resort. bonus being able to walk into epcot by the rear entrance. good food options between yacht/beach/boardwalk. if u want mid level, we’ve stayed at port orleans french quarter a few times & that’s our favorite. nice theming, very relaxed & laid back. small resort & easy to navigate. u can take a boat ride to disney springs, & then u have the beignets 😋. hope this helps.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Money no object?

Poly.

Classic WDW.

(Actually, my tied vote would be the treehouses at Saratoga - but that's best for a bigger group and not really "Disney" themed beyond the adventurous aspect of it being a treehouse.)

But best for kids? You just don't need to spend that dough. Art of Animation for theming and a suite with separate sleeping areas. If you have a princess fan in the group, then a royal room at Port Orleans Riverside for a nicer step up in quality of the resort area.

plutofan15

Money no object?

Poly.

Classic WDW.

(Actually, my tied vote would be the treehouses at Saratoga - but that's best for a bigger group and not really "Disney" themed beyond the adventurous aspect of it being a treehouse.)

But best for kids? You just don't need to spend that dough. Art of Animation for theming and a suite with separate sleeping areas. If you have a princess fan in the group, then a royal room at Port Orleans Riverside for a nicer step up in quality of the resort area.
Ohhhh, Treehouses slipped my mind. 👍👍

plutofan15

Thanks everyone! I think I am leaning towards yacht club or beach club! They pool is amazing and I like the proximity to Epcot!
If cost is not too much of a concern, I would seriously look at the Beach Club Villas. The extra room with the kitchen and laundry (1 bedroom units and larger) will make the trip much more enjoyable and relaxing with a 1 year old over a normal hotel room. That was our experience.

LeighM

If cost isn't an issue, I would choose Animal Kingdom Lodge club level because they had the best food options (I say "had" because it's been a few years since I've been). It's not as convenient to the parks but the resort offers an experience not easily found anywhere else and could be quite memorable for the one time trip. If you're staying for a week or longer you can always do a split stay and experience two different resorts, like 3 nights in one resort and 4 nights in the other. We did that one trip and we loved it. All depends on your vacation style and preferences.

SteveAZee

If cost is not too much of a concern, I would seriously look at the Beach Club Villas. The extra room with the kitchen and laundry (1 bedroom units and larger) will make the trip much more enjoyable and relaxing with a 1 year old over a normal hotel room. That was our experience.
While I'm an OKW fan, I'd agree with the Beach Club Villas for a few reasons... I like having the kitchen and washer/dryer combo in the room. You could probably get by with a 1 bedroom and make the living room (with fold out couch) the kiddo's place. Walking to Epcot and taking the Skyliner to Hollywood studios is a great benefit, and you're about equal distances (by bus or Minnie Van) to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. There's also Boardwalk across the way and Swan/Dolphin for some alternate dining options.

Since you're not a DVC member you'll need to rent points from someone.. would recommend a service for that just to be safe.

mlayton144

While I'm an OKW fan, I'd agree with the Beach Club Villas for a few reasons... I like having the kitchen and washer/dryer combo in the room. You could probably get by with a 1 bedroom and make the living room (with fold out couch) the kiddo's place. Walking to Epcot and taking the Skyliner to Hollywood studios is a great benefit, and you're about equal distances (by bus or Minnie Van) to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. There's also Boardwalk across the way and Swan/Dolphin for some alternate dining options.

Since you're not a DVC member you'll need to rent points from someone.. would recommend a service for that just to be safe.
No don’t rent points which would be silly , for summer stays you can get beach club villas 1 bedroom , free dining , good cancellation if you change your mind, and daily housekeeping

SteveAZee

No don’t rent points which would be silly , for summer stays you can get beach club villas 1 bedroom , free dining , good cancellation if you change your mind, and daily housekeeping
Yes, I suppose if money's not an issue, this is probably the better choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom