News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in January 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
While the website hasn't been updated with the reopening date, hours are now posted for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starting July 27:

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 8.00.49 AM.png

sjf4291

Just out of curiosity has anyone heard any updates? I've read recently that cast members have said this date is now delayed and apparently another cast member told someone opening date is now delayed just to a recent announcement that they are re-theming the ride. I know it's all rumours so I thought I'd come here for information I actually trust. We visit end of August so hoping original opening date still goes ahead! 😊

JoeCamel

Just out of curiosity has anyone heard any updates? I've read recently that cast members have said this date is now delayed and apparently another cast member told someone opening date is now delayed just to a recent announcement that they are re-theming the ride. I know it's all rumours so I thought I'd come here for information I actually trust. We visit end of August so hoping original opening date still goes ahead! 😊
Pretty sure Olivia Rodrigo said something to someone sometime......

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Info on RnR has always been very hard to come by. Based on the last couple of refurbs, it tends to just open when it's ready. I would expect something similar this time, but the goal is end of July.

Andrew25

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree as the last time my DW and I rode it 2 years go, it was not as smooth as it used to be. It was a must do multiple times every trip, and we couldn't ride it after that. We'll give it a try now, though. Thanks.
About 1.5-2 years ago it got really bad to the point I would skip it. They then fixed the wheels (due to a supply chain issue) and the coaster got back to being very smooth and enjoyable with little to no headbanging.

Mind you, I wear glasses, so my ear hitting the side of the restraint was very uncomfortable. Thankfully, that issue was mostly resolved when they fixed it all up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom