News Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Splash4eva

Is anyone really shocked this is delayed just like almost everything else. Im sure all the pixie dusters will come defend them with excuse after excuse but lets face it this is Disney now sadly ….

dmc493

I'm always quick to give any project the benefit of the doubt (seeing as construction management is my career), because depending on a million factors, something like a rooftop unit for HVAC systems can go from 16 week leadtime to 6 months with almost no notice, and there's probably several hundred examples of those types of things happening.

Bring in the added factors that come with Disney - their proclivity for delaying work to align with fiscal timelines, fluctuations due to creative decision making, or could be as crazy as last-minute-added design changes to accommodate a relocated future expansion (fingers crossed for AC Monsters).... But end of the day, it could totally just be as reported. You have a big idea for how set pieces or something will work in a space, and you go down the road with developing it, all for it to not work as you intended, and you're back to the drawing board. Ya never know. Smaller projects/tasks can sometimes turn out far more difficult than people expect

dmc493

^to be clear I'm not giving Disney carte blanche by any means for some of their delays or choices, just spitballing all the things that can happen in a project big or small

dmc493

If they had rotated Roundup BBQ 45 degrees counterclockwise, there could be such a natural pathway towards the AC expansion pad from TSL. it's still feasible but BBQ definitely looks in the way from satellite view. Still leaves Pixar Plaza, WDP-OMD, and VOTLM in a weird purgatory

Last edited:

rct247

I don’t think many will lament the loss of Launch Bay and Disney Jr.

As for TLM, I’ve actually been told this queue and exit movement will allow it to stay long term. The playground would replace its gift shop.

There's not much space for them to work with and those gift shops are very small footprints partially built into the building. The stage itself is along the wall shared by the queue. I wouldn't be surprised if Walt Disney Presents and Mermaid will eventually be removed.

TrainsOfDisney

Oh not at all - I just meant Old Hollywood, modern Mickey, monsters, mermaid, Toy Story land - it’s quite the cluster.

To think we almost had Pixar movies together and the Star Wars and possibly other Lucas movie together as well.

Sneaky

As for TLM, I’ve actually been told this queue and exit movement will allow it to stay long term. The playground would replace its gift shop.
For any of you surprised that this originally (rumored) temporary show is no longer temporary: this is Disney’s Hollywood studios. Why did you expect anything esle?

Mr. Sullivan

I struggle to see what delays this so badly? It’s a bad look once again announcing something for one time and failing miserably at achieving that. I shouldn’t be surprised anymore yet I still am.

Didn’t they start casting months ago? What happens to anyone found during that? Oh sorry we’re actually not going to hire you for another 7 months?
I am not at all an insider, and I am not at all saying this is an insiders opinion; I am going purely off the vibes of this announcement. But I think we might have just discovered where Monsters Inc. is going and the reason this got delayed is they’re having to make alterations to the building to accommodate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom