News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

DisneyCane

It’s saying a lot that Tesla investors seem to have had enough. I hope he goes for Tesla’s sake.
Not to derail but Tesla's stock price is dropping due to many factors, the least of which is Musk. His personality (love him or hate him) is what makes Tesla something other than a run of the mill car company. Tesla stock will go much lower if he isn't leading the company.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not to derail but Tesla's stock price is dropping due to many factors, the least of which is Musk. His personality (love him or hate him) is what makes Tesla something other than a run of the mill car company. Tesla stock will go much lower if he isn't leading the company.

Yeah…you can’t criticize the cult of personality for its weaknesses while ignoring its strengths

Dranth

There is no denying he had a huge impact on the climb and success of the stock but he is actively hurting them now and opened the door with that ridiculous compensation package that shareholders had to take him to court to get thrown out.

That same group is using the support they gathered during that process to go after him or at least to kick out the board and put in one that will reign him in. He really angered a lot of the institutional investors with that stunt.

He may well still survive but I believe Tesla can move on from him as a brand at this point and not suffer too much.

Stripes

The entire Tesla board should be voted out by the shareholders. The board should be replaced with independent members that are not beholden to Musk.

DisneyCane

There is no denying he had a huge impact on the climb and success of the stock but he is actively hurting them now and opened the door with that ridiculous compensation package that shareholders had to take him to court to get thrown out.

That same group is using the support they gathered during that process to go after him or at least to kick out the board and put in one that will reign him in. He really angered a lot of the institutional investors with that stunt.

He may well still survive but I believe Tesla can move on from him as a brand at this point and not suffer too much.

The entire Tesla board should be voted out by the shareholders. The board should be replaced with independent members that are not beholden to Musk.
As a current shareholder with a paper loss of around 23% at the moment I disagree. I don't believe that without him the stock will be very likely to recover or give me a gain.

Tesla as a brand on its own is not to the level that Apple was when Jobs passed or Disney when Walt passed. Maybe in another 10 years it will be at that level and then he can move on in favor of somebody more stable.

Stripes

As a current shareholder with a paper loss of around 23% at the moment I disagree. I don't believe that without him the stock will be very likely to recover or give me a gain.

Tesla as a brand on its own is not to the level that Apple was when Jobs passed or Disney when Walt passed. Maybe in another 10 years it will be at that level and then he can move on in favor of somebody more stable.
I don‘t think Elon can be compared to Steve or to Walt. And frankly, I think he should be given the boot.

That said, my comment pertained to the Tesla board not to Elon. The entire board should be replaced.

tissandtully

Yeah, Tesla no longer needs him, there are plenty of smart people still there and that's who is keeping it running.

tissandtully

I don't believe it for a minute, also he doesn't really do much leading anymore, how many CEOs do you know that reply to randos all day on Twitter and post boomer memes and engage with the pure bottom feeders of society?

Oh and it also came out he's been roleplaying (sorry, testing lol) as his toddler on a fake account on Twitter??? Like, this dude is not right anymore.

DisneyCane

I don't believe it for a minute, also he doesn't really do much leading anymore, how many CEOs do you know that reply to randos all day on Twitter and post boomer memes and engage with the pure bottom feeders of society?

Oh and it also came out he's been roleplaying (sorry, testing lol) as his toddler on a fake account on Twitter??? Like, this dude is not right anymore.
He doesn't reply THAT much and I'm sure his X/Twitter interactions are designed to attract views and users on the platform.

I don't know if he was ever "right." Neither was Howard Hughes. He does seem to have some unique abilities and he has a Steve's Jobs-like ability to attract a cult of consumers. Since Apple's products were much cheaper than Tesla's and were in a market where people purchase them much more frequently, Jobs was able to get many times more people to join his cult.

I'm not pro or anti Musk but I'm pro Musk as CEO of Tesla. Outside of the charging network, it is really just another car company at this point. All of the other brands are capable of making a practical EV and also have all kinds of advanced driver assist technology available and the only advantage Tesla has if they get full self driving approved is that the hardware for it exists on every vehicle they've sold so they can sell the feature to people who already own the car.

I think that his "brand" is key to Tesla trading at the multiples that it needs to trade at for me to get back in the black on my investment.

denyuntilcaught

This thread took a hard right very quickly and I look forward to the post above this to be removed soon.

That said, my two cents is that I'm surprised Disney went back to posting on X if only because X is known to not really be a traffic generator for brands at nearly as efficient of a rate as other platforms. If anything, I think they just want to stay ahead of the fandom and use the platform to break the news first.

J4546

who still uses twitter/x? That sites been downill since before musk bought it and has only gotten worse. Its just bots and misleading propaganda at this point.

denyuntilcaught

who still uses twitter/x? That sites been downill since before musk bought it and has only gotten worse. Its just bots and misleading propaganda at this point.
Traffic is down substantially since Musk but it's still a beneficial place for hyper-current news and updates - I think this is what Disney is using this for versus driving traffic and conversions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom