The Future of Dinosaur - You Decide...

Choose your preferred fate for Dinosaur

• It should be refurbished but keep the same storyline and theming

• It should be given a new storyline but maintain its focus on dinosaurs (no Indiana Jones)

• It should be rethemed to Indiana Jones but should retain its dinosaur animatronics

• It should be transformed into a clone (or close relative) of the Indiana Jones Adventure in DL

• It should be completely destroyed and replaced with something entirely new, Indy or something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the Parks
No
Back in May, I asked about Dinosaur possibly being rethemed to Zootopia, and thankfully we dodged that bullet (in my opinion). I'd like to think that the poll (with the gigantic response of 107 voters) did have something to do with that (kidding). So now let's move on to the actual question at this point:

What should happen with Dinosaur? This is an opinion question, so answer based on thatβ€”not based on what you realistically expect.

Pick your top two answers and explain your reasoning!

dmw

In the Parks
No
My suggestion is to replace all of the dinoland area with a "land" dedicated to animals found in the water. That would provide a transition to Asia with the Nemo show at the edge of the new "land". Put in a water ride that explores the rivers, rapids and waterfalls of South America. Maybe add an omnimover (high capacity) ride somewhere in this new "land"? That may be too much like the Seas at Epcot...

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I happen to enjoy Dinosaur…I would have no problem rewriting the show using the same AA’s…dinosaurs and Indy just doesn’t seem to mesh well together. Keep it as is i.e. same storyline with a total refurbishment INCLUDING preshow. OR new storyline using the current AA’s. I would rather ax the live Indy show at HWD, bulldoze it and build a completely new Indy attraction, NOT the same ride as Cali.

Walt Disney1955

I love Indy in California. Great ride. Part of what makes Disneyland superior to Magic Kingdom. However............what is great about Disneyland vs. WDW is not just their similarities but their differences. I have always liked how there are some unique experiences at one place vs. the other. So I am fine with Dinosaurs being in WDW and Indy in DL. Both are unique. It is Animal Kingdom after all, so we should stick with an animal theme. Indy is not an animal. So you can change the storyline, but I still say make it about Dinosaurs.

I will also add that I think a Bambi, Lion King, Jungle Book or even a throwback to Mr. Toad is a good fit for an animal themed ride at AK. Would be fun to dream.

Nottamus

Either of the first two work for us. We like Dinosaur and would like to see more of the area near the ride to be rethemed

Looking at you Dino carnival area

NelleBelle

As much as I don’t like Dinosaur, the idea of sticking Indy in a park that is focused on animals and conservation is ludicrous! If it came down to keeping Dinosaur vs an Indy ride, leave Dinosaur!

Mireille

Premium Member
With Universe of Energy gone, I feel like we need some dinosaur AAs somewhere, so why not an Indiana Jones/Lost World (like the Arthur Conan Doyle story, not Jurassic Park) mashup? Indy's gotta, I dunno, save Sallah who was stranded there in a plane crash or something and nobody knew there were dinosaurs and they can add a titanoboa (real thing!) so Indy can say "why'd it have to be giant snakes?"

DisneyFanatic12

If Indiana Jones comes, I want it to be a ride centered around South America, as that’s what the rest of the land would be. You could enter a Mayan, Aztec, or Incan temple. Obviously Disney isn’t going to do a ride centered around animals (it’s kind of hard to have a thrilling dark ride around anything but dinosaurs or other carnivores), but it should at the very least be centered around South America and either it’s history or culture.

osian

1 & 2. Why retheme if the ride system remains, what's wrong with dinosaurs? Seems a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom. And why change the ride system if Anaheim's Indy is so highly thought of? Strikes me that the only thing "wrong" with it is the execution of the theme. But I enjoy it anyway, I don't actually see anything wrong with it except needs maintenance. No need to change it. But all too often, needing maintenance produces calls for a change of theme or ride system, not sure why the two are connected.

NelleBelle

If Indiana Jones comes, I want it to be a ride centered around South America, as that’s what the rest of the land would be. You could enter a Mayan, Aztec, or Incan temple. Obviously Disney isn’t going to do a ride centered around animals (it’s kind of hard to have a thrilling dark ride around anything but dinosaurs or other carnivores), but it should at the very least be centered around South America and either it’s history or culture.
I agree with the South America-theme if they put Indy in. It be nice if they incorporated the rain forests into that theme somehow.

KDM31091

Encanto, other than the setting which sort of makes sense, just doesn't fit to me. It has basically nothing to do with animals. Indy is a 30 year old ride at Disneyland so to me it makes little sense to retheme an existing ride to it. I can't see huge numbers of people flocking to it, but maybe I am wrong.

I think people still enjoy Dinosaur, and they like dinosaurs in general so not sure why Disney is so intent on gutting this area. Put some money into it. With the proper refurbishment and budget it would be and remain very popular. Every single attraction doesn't need to be IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom