News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

FigmentFan82

Well that's a relief! My source said screen-heavy and proposed the glasses question, haha.

My main worry was screeeeenssss, I think a ride based on this IP would heavily benefit from well built sets.
If this turns out to be screen heavy could this be similar to the new Peter Pan in Fantasy Springs? I would always prefer real sets and animatronics, but i didn't terrible hate watching the ride POV. I think since that land got a long heavy AA Frozen, then kinda short but still nice AA Tangled, that the trade off was Pan would be screen heavy.

lentesta

Premium Member
Well that's a relief! My source said screen-heavy and proposed the glasses question, haha.

My main worry was screeeeenssss, I think a ride based on this IP would heavily benefit from well built sets.

I'm sure there'll be screens too. I just don't think it's going to be like (say) Fast & Furious over at Universal.

Na'Vi River Journey has both screens and large rooms with physical decor. Set aside that Na'Vi is a boat ride, the idea is kinda what I'm picturing for Encanto.

Sneaky

well that’s good. Should be a good ride hopefully. The one I worry for is Indy. Especially with the way the Dino building doesn’t allow for the big cool room in the other versions of Indy. Can imagineering capture lightning in a bottle twice?
I'm sure there'll be screens too. I just don't think it's going to be like (say) Fast & Furious over at Universal.

Na'Vi River Journey has both screens and large rooms with physical decor. Set aside that Na'Vi is a boat ride, the idea is kinda what I'm picturing for Encanto.

Sneaky

I do think we all have to accept that screens are here to stay, and will probably be in most new rides. Like a lot of people say, it’s all about use. Screens can be a very good side dish, but they often aren’t very good as the main course.

Purduevian

Exactly, they wouldn't. The way Disney do lands is there has to be at least 1 attraction, 1 restaurant and 1 shop. If they divided Dinoland into two mini-lands, they'd need to add a restaurant to where Dino-Rama is (where Encanto will go) or put Restaurantasaurus on the Encanto side and add one by Dinosaur. Also, Encanto is replacing all of Dino-Rama and the carousel is replacing the Boneyard, so there isn't physically enough space to have Encanto, Carousel, Boneyard, Dinosaur, 2 stores and 2 restaurants (not food stands) plus any potential animal exhibits
I mean you can fit ROTR, the MK carousel, Cosmic Rays, Auntie Gravities, Star Traders, and the shell of Stich's great escape into the land without touching the bone yard, Resturantasaurus, Dinosaur, the theater in the wild, or the boat launch area. Then this area would be as packed as a Disneyland land! (Blue outline would be the mini Dinoland)

1725983272551.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I do think we all have to accept that screens are here to stay, and will probably be in most new rides. Like a lot of people say, it’s all about use. Screens can be a very good side dish, but they often aren’t very good as the main course.
Personally I don't have a problem with screens. When they're used correctly, I don't want them to be substitutes for things that can be done physically, or least they need to be good. For example the Mama Odie screen right before the drop into the laughing place is great but the one before the drop is not. Or Navi River journey does a good job with them too like Len pointed out.

Sneaky

Bear, frog, pig, yeah, good enough fit! Yuk yuk yuk.

Indy is shaping up to be good.
The muppets do a really fake dinosaur safari, and you can seee the gang struggle to keep the crappy animatronics together while Kermit is your guide and stabler and Waldorf heckle. give me a budget.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Indy is shaping up to be good.
Define "good." Animatronics galore? A ride experience so unique that I won't constantly be comparing to its predecessor (with the same track layout)? A new John Williams score written for the attraction?

It's a very high bar to be replacing Dinosaur, which I considered (at the height of its maintenance), my favorite WDW attraction.

Moth

Define "good." Animatronics galore? A ride experience so unique that I won't constantly be comparing to its predecessor (with the same track layout)? A new John Williams score written for the attraction?

It's a very high bar to be replacing Dinosaur, which I considered (at the height of its maintenance), my favorite WDW attraction.
It has Quetzalcoatl, which is the coolest thing ever. I heard some crumbs about AAs also.

It's gonna be no Dinosaur, because I LOVE dinosaurs, I was raised on the foam Styracosaurus they sold in the post-ride gift shop, but I see potential in Indy.

Sneaky

It has Quetzalcoatl, which is the coolest thing ever.

It's gonna be no dinosaur, because I LOVE dinosaurs, I was raised on the foam Styracosaurus they sold in the post-ride gift shop, but I see potential in Indy.
I love Indy (more than Star Wars personally), so I do hope the potential is realized. To be fair to Disney how do you compete with Jurassic? And Quetzalcoatl are cool. Dinosaur will be missed. Protect WDW’s cult classic attractions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom