runDisney Announces Policy Change: No complimentary park tickets for 2023 Wine and Dine volunteers

Drdcm

Why would you even want to volunteer for this if there is no perk? I volunteer a lot in multiple settings, but it’s always to help those in need be it food kitchens, free medical evals, improving the environment.

This isn’t a “good cause”, it’s for a multibillion dollar corporation. They can eat crow and deal with all the angry runners who paid a ton of money to participate.

DopeyRunner

Why would you even want to volunteer for this if there is no perk? I volunteer a lot in multiple settings, but it’s always to help those in need be it food kitchens, free medical evals, improving the environment.

This isn’t a “good cause”, it’s for a multibillion dollar corporation. They can eat crow and deal with all the angry runners who paid a ton of money to participate.
Have your run their races? 8-10 years ago they were really well run, with plenty of volunteers and race staff to keep them running very smoothly. Back then, their prices weren’t much more than other major city races and the quality could be justified. Fast forward to now, and their races are just overpriced (soon to be understaffed) medal sales now. It’s really quite sad.

Tha Realest

Have your run their races? 8-10 years ago they were really well run, with plenty of volunteers and race staff to keep them running very smoothly. Back then, their prices weren’t much more than other major city races and the quality could be justified. Fast forward to now, and their races are just overpriced (soon to be understaffed) medal sales now. It’s really quite sad.
New boss in charge too and he’ll likely want to show how he’s increased revenue/profits in this division.

DopeyRunner

There’s new leadership at runDisney?

MoonRakerSCM

We were SO impressed with Disney runs back in the day when we started doing this idiotic hobby... but recent experiences have been less than stellar (compared to what it once was). We've been more impressed with mid level local runs around the country and have had great experiences at those for much less money...

I'm getting my coast to coast in January... after that... we'll see if I'm doing any more Disney runs...

DopeyRunner

We were SO impressed with Disney runs back in the day when we started doing this idiotic hobby... but recent experiences have been less than stellar (compared to what it once was). We've been more impressed with mid level local runs around the country and have had great experiences at those for much less money...

I'm getting my coast to coast in January... after that... we'll see if I'm doing any more Disney runs...
If I wasn’t a perfect dopey, I’d probably take a few years break and run some of the world major races

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom