News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

JustInTime

It was a dog pile effect, so sorry if it came across as snarky. Its one thing for an "insider" to say its not coming back, but it comes across as just dog piling for non-insiders to then come in just a couple posts later to say the same thing.
I get it. I responded before reading the entire thread. Sorry I contributed to that.

CraftyFox

I wonder if it might be the mannequin itself. Again, they’re technically the same effect, but the WDW version, while still not great, at least feels semi three-dimensional. At DL, she just looks like a 2D film being played on a 2D surface. I also wonder if WDW uses more veils that just add a bit of depth. Either way, there’s just something off about the California version
Bingo. To my knowledge, the form and dressing of the mannequins are different between the coasts. The mannequin at Disneyworld features actual arms and significantly more layers of veiling around her face and torso (this is especially obvious in videos where the veils are being blown by the fan in front of the figure). The Disneyland figure is entirely armless and is often seen with sometimes as few as two layers of veiling (it varies whenever she returns from the Haunted Mansion holiday).

Here is a particularly egregious photo of the Disneyland bride:
DisneylandBrideConstance.jpg

Note the complete lack of arms and veils. The arms are what give the WDW model the heightened sense of three-dimensionality, while the veils obscure the shapes enough to keep her spectral rather than obviously projected.

The two also have totally different projections. On the left is Disneyland while on the right is Disney World:
ConstanceComparisons.jpg

Because their figure has actual arms, the WDW Constance has a dress accurate to the changing photos, with full bishop sleeves and a high neckline. Due to the lack of arms on the Disneyland figure, she has smaller cap sleeves that read better when projected onto the veil.

Last edited:

MagicWDI

Interesting differences. I didn't even pick up on them the last time I rode each version, both last year. All I remember is that I didn't like either version lol Hopefully whatever changes they do to the DL version is a noticeable improvement. Crossing fingers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom