News Walt Disney World casting for performers to play Asha from the upcoming animated musical 'Wish'

SpectroMagician

This is budgeted with the movie’s release. If she stays, it will need to be budgeted differently and we know how long that takes WDW.

Is this expected to do well in theaters?
Disney has lost money on almost every release in the last 2 years so I bet they are REALLY hoping it does well.

The premise to me seems kind of dumb where the "villain" understands you can't grant everyone's wishes because it would destroy society, but this girl fights him so that everyone's wishes can be granted. Seems like the wrong message to send to kids that everyone should get what they want all the time without working for it... but we will see.

Sir_Cliff

Horrific isn't it?
Scared Horror GIF

I'm sure they won't replace Morocco with a Wish pavilion.

Sir_Cliff

If they did this then they would have to repaint ToT to match the skyline and lord forbid the fans would go ape spit because of it...
D2XKWXZWwAEk-LN.jpg:large
Or, if the film is big enough, there's no reason it can't be in two parks! I'm sure they'd rather use their own IP than pay CBS for the Twilight Zone...

Scared Horror GIF

Advisable Joseph

Scared Horror GIF

I'm sure they won't replace Morocco with a Wish pavilion.
Wish isn't set in Morocco, but a mixture of Mediterranian locations. Maybe we'll see street petformers, food stands, etc.

Frozen is set in Norway, albeit in a fictional Norwegian petty kingdom because it is a fairy tale. Geography, clothing, etc. are still the same. I still remember a thread where a Scandinavian lady mentioned that the ride was so Norwegian that it helped with homesickness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom