wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Latest on the exterior refurbishment at the Canada Pavilion

Canada_Full_52256.jpg

Canada_Full_52261.jpg

dreday3

This may be a dumb question - can you go in that tall building? I know it's called a hotel - Is there something to see? Or is it all exterior?
I know the movie, the shops, the waterfall and the restaurants, but I don't really know what that is.

Bocabear

it used to be a Canadian tourism office and they had some souvenirs in there... it is just a shop space...much smaller when you get close to it....

castlecake2.0

This may be a dumb question - can you go in that tall building? I know it's called a hotel - Is there something to see? Or is it all exterior?
I know the movie, the shops, the waterfall and the restaurants, but I don't really know what that is.
Bottom floor was the “upscale” shop for the pavilion; La Boutique des Provinces”. Second floor featured a meeting/break room. Third floor houses a laser for the nighttime shows. The stone house across the way was meant to be a tourism office but was never used as such and is now just a stock room.
14910EED-3B67-4D62-B09D-DF308A609829.jpeg

aladdin2007

Bottom floor was the “upscale” shop for the pavilion; La Boutique des Provinces”. Second floor featured a meeting/break room. Third floor houses a laser for the nighttime shows. The stone house across the way was meant to be a tourism office but was never used as such and is now just a stock room.
View attachment 731282
look how nice that was, such a shame.

castlecake2.0

It's a little bright right now - but that will weather out. I also just looked it up. Fairmont did the original Chateau Laurier (inspiration for the Hotel du Canada) in a similar scheme, so this actually lines up to authenticity.
Was going to say, as someone who lived in Ottawa and passed the Chateau Laurier daily, this new colour scheme is much closer to the original.

Bocabear

It is a pretty building but with nothing in it, it is just a set piece... It would be nice to have a real attraction in the Canada pavilion...There was a rumor years back they Canada was going to get a Rapids or flume ride through the Canadian wilderness... but that was back when the Soarin' theater was built and it was in part co block the view of the theater building...or as it was rumored...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom