Semi regular WDW exec shuffle

todd23

I am a RunDisney regular. What does the loss of Faron Kelley from that line of business mean? I see him at the races around the start line and he comes across as positive to me. But I am just going on slight impressions.

asianway

Original Poster
I am a RunDisney regular. What does the loss of Faron Kelley from that line of business mean? I see him at the races around the start line and he comes across as positive to me. But I am just going on slight impressions.
There’s a large team that executes these races I’m sure they will do a fine job in his absence

Lilofan

Apparently with Faron leaving his role of VP of ESPN, water parks and Run Disney there is no current person replacing his VP role. I would not be surprised if his previous VP role does not get filled and those areas are divided among other VPs at WDW. That saves not having to pay a VP salary and bonus.

Rteetz

Apparently with Faron leaving his role of VP of ESPN, water parks and Run Disney there is no current person replacing his VP role. I would not be surprised if his previous VP role does not get filled and those areas are divided among other VPs at WDW. That saves not having to pay a VP salary and bonus.
Those areas all fit kind of perfectly under that umbrella tho so I am not sure where you would divide those too.

Faron was very much a face for runDisney. Always making an appearance at races, the expos, and being gracious to runners. My concern is they find someone to take over the already small runDisney team that doesn't care about the product and it gets worse.

Lilofan

Those areas all fit kind of perfectly under that umbrella tho so I am not sure where you would divide those too.

Faron was very much a face for runDisney. Always making an appearance at races, the expos, and being gracious to runners. My concern is they find someone to take over the already small runDisney team that doesn't care about the product and it gets worse.
Years ago, Run Disney and water parks did not fall under VP of ESPN.

Comped

Yes that's right, when ex football pro Reggie ran ESPN WWS , water parks and Run Disney reported to other parts of Disney operations, not to Reggie.
Can't forget minigolf! No idea why Disney feels the need to shout it out given they only have 2 locations... But they do!

Rteetz

Yes that's right, when ex football pro Reggie ran ESPN WWS , water parks and Run Disney reported to other parts of Disney operations, not to Reggie.
runDisney has grown considerably into its own thing. When it first started runDisney wasn't really a thing. It was just part of Disney Sports/Recreation. As things progressed and grew runDisney as its own brand become a thing. Way back when you had to visit the ESPN WWoS website for runDisney info rather than runDisney.com. The runDisney we know today wasn't really a thing until 2009 when they added weekends outside of just Marathon Weekend.

Chomama

runDisney has grown considerably into its own thing. When it first started runDisney wasn't really a thing. It was just part of Disney Sports/Recreation. As things progressed and grew runDisney as its own brand become a thing. Way back when you had to visit the ESPN WWoS website for runDisney info rather than runDisney.com. The runDisney we know today wasn't really a thing until 2009 when they added weekends outside of just Marathon Weekend.
Yes and they have their own offices. They are right across the hall from some signature services if I remember correctly. Would be great to see these guys all actually working together. The rundisney membership thing is a joke. But there are some decent ideas floating in there. I really need Disney to hire me 😂

DCBaker

Premium Member
Adam Ball has been announced as Vice President, ESPN Wide World of Sports, Disney Water Parks & Mini Golf.

1693317603406.jpeg

Disstevefan1

I heard a rumor the exec's were shuffling around AK in Dinoland area.

Maybe a big lie announcement of something new to replace Dinoland at Destination D23 ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom