News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know this much. I planned to do it last December but ultimately cancelled. Non-stop rain was the reason. And Disney came to their senses after many others cancelled before that night's event was to start and cancelled the entire event. Just as well. The first iteration of it had many problems, so I've read. I realize you wouldn't go regardless, but lets hope they learned from their mistakes.
You’re from Florida…I get the appeal there. Gotta mix it up

And I would consider doing anything if the product was appealing? Do I give the impression I won’t pay for things?

These “premium ticket events” continue to be a terrible idea that have run their course. It’s gone too far.

Jambo Dad

Having attended this last year - it was as badly realized as you heard. Truly bad - needed a lot more attention to place making for experiences and the space to pull off a crowd of people. The events at ToT annd Brown Derby were amateur hour. Also large sections of the park simply didn’t have anything special and there were no complimentary snacks and drinks of any kind - something they have at other parties. Finally no Wookie Life day at Star Wars - it’s almost like they were trying to fail!

diggity16

Is it generally also true you can actually get on some attractions during events too?
When we went, word had gotten out that pretty much all you could do at the party was rides. And since there aren’t many at HS, there were bigger waits than I personally desired. Obviously not as high as during the day time. But more than you’d want when you’re paying that price tag, not getting much else, and MVMCP exists down the street. YMMV

Andrew25

There are plenty of holiday offerings includes in regular park admission.
Eh not really, WDW (and UOR) have stagnated a bit when it comes to holiday offerings.

Magic Kingdom -> all behind paywall except for the castle projection show and the last 2 weeks of December
Epcot -> Festival of the Holiday food booths (behind paywall) and the various Santa/Storytelling shows
DHS -> all behind paywall
DAK -> Merry Menagerie

At SeaWorld the following are included:
  1. Winter Wonderland On Ice (Ice Show)
  2. O' Wondrous Stage Show (Stage Show) -> Arguably the best theme park/holiday show in Orlando year-round
  3. Holiday Reflections (Fireworks)
  4. Sesame Street Holiday Parade (Parade)
Behind Paywall, they have food booths similar to Festival of the Holidays, with a decent lanyard deal.

*I excluded the Ms. Clause Kitchen show as it wasn't received well and I'd imagine it isn't coming back lol

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
How Disney Can Fix Jollywood Nights for 2024:

Character Roster heavily updated: *some would start their appearances at an earlier time(6:30pm) due to popular demand, the rest would start at 7pm-7:15pm

Animation Courtyard: keep it the same as last year(rain location: inside the DJR theater)

Mickey Mouse/Minnie Mouse: DJR area*

Goofy/Pluto: near Launch Bay*

Donald Duck/Daisy Duck: near LM theater*

Grand Avenue: stars of newer animated shows would join the mix, celebrating the Holidays

Hailey & Scott from Hailey’s on It

Molly & Andrea from The Ghost & Molly McGee

Cricket & Tilly from Big City Greens

Echo Lake: back by popular demand are your favorite throwback pals(now with the addition of the terror that flaps in the night, he's here to join the holiday fun, he is Darkwing Duck, alongside his sidekick Launchpad)

Chip n Dale in their Rescue Rangers attire*

Darkwing Duck & Launchpad McQuack*

Powerline Max*

Phineas & Ferb*

Pixar Plaza: alongside Frozone and Edna Mode, a few pals woulld come over from Anaheim to join in the Holiday fun

Luca & Alberto from Luca

Mei(human form with red panda ears and tail) & Ming Lee from Turning Red

Ember & Wade from Elemental

Toy Story Land: after being character-less for 2023, the toys are coming out to play

Jessie & Bullseye

Rex & Buzz Lightyear

Woody & Bo Peep

Others Can Be Spread Around the Park:

-Duffy: near Shorts Theater

-Santa Stitch: near Stunt Theater

-Luz & King: Sunset Blvd

-Pinocchio & Geppetto/Snow White & Dopey, Mary Poppins & Penguin/Rapunzel & Flynn: Chinese Theater area

Add more hours to the event kickoff at 7pm and wrap it up at 12:30am/1am so guests can do more than they did last yr with a 4 hr time limit(with wristband distribution starting at 4:30pm-5pm)

The Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam fireworks, Nightmare Before Christmas sing along, and Holidays in Hollywood, among most returning entertainment would remain, the latter two would add 1-2 additional showings(Fantasmic would be held at 7:30pm), alongside returning menu items sold at various eateries being the same
ICYMI: Here are some of my ideas that could make Jollywood Nights a little more worth it for 2024 and worth a quick flight over to Orlando from the other post relating to the event

CampbellzSoup

Simply put, they need to make it longer and let guest in earlier to make it feel that it’s worth the cost. Also, really, really really theme it out. One piece of garland at the Brown. Derby was totally laughable.

Cmdr_Crimson

There are plenty of holiday offerings includes in regular park admission.
Yes the projection on ToT and Jingle Bell Jingle Bam is nice but, I was Referring to the 2 shows they offer during said event. Why waste them on ticketed events when guests would like to see them without having to gain a few dollars more to see them...You know all this is just for people to get on the rides more than see the shows.

CampbellzSoup

You have so many screen-based rides that are screaming for Christmas overlays that would easily push people into rides instead of just entertainment.

Mickey and Minnie runaway holiday train!
Toy Story Christmas Mania
Lightening McQueen Christmas racers
Star Tours Holiday

So many

C33Mom

I’d like to see Jollywood Nights (ok, a slightly more polished version of Jollywood Nights) come to DCA. They can probably charge more and sell it out in California (despite the rocky launch back east last year), there’s more attractions and space to spread out events/waits/queues, and they’re already moving towards an EPCOT style near constant festival of festival booths and presumably making a lot on “seasonal” F&B and merch.

aladdin2007

Simply put, they need to make it longer and let guest in earlier to make it feel that it’s worth the cost. Also, really, really really theme it out. One piece of garland at the Brown. Derby was totally laughable.
For a park that has one of the better decor packages in general, why they stripped the brown derby of anything quite a few years ago is beyond me. But then most of the dining locations property wide now they don't do anymore. :banghead: Brown Derby use to be beautiful at Christmas.

bmr1591

It will very likely receive a significant upgrade.

Good. My wife and I did the Christmas party last year and wanted to do Jollywood, but decided it simply wasn't made for us (adults who don't drink). I'm hoping the offering is significantly better this year so we can enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom