News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2023

donsullivan

Premium Member
I honestly think we will never see them again. :cry:
I kind of think the same thing. As beautiful as they were, the physical damage they did to the castle each year was likely just getting to be too much. Picture that much rope and lights constantly banging against the fiberglass exterior of the castle for close to 4 months every year. That's a whole lot of physical damage to the exterior facade of the castle.

bmr1591

I kind of think the same thing. As beautiful as they were, the physical damage they did to the castle each year was likely just getting to be too much. Picture that much rope and lights constantly banging against the fiberglass exterior of the castle for close to 4 months every year. That's a whole lot of physical damage to the exterior facade of the castle.

They should go through with installing LEDs into the castle. Wouldn't be visible during the day at all.

Disstevefan1

I can't speak for damage; I have no idea. You would think they worked out how to do it without damage?

It does appear to be labor intensive, and I presume costly.

Disney used the excuse of COVID to stop doing it and I believe they have no intention of resuming TO CUT COSTS.

OK we lost them. Why can't they projection map the Castle Dreamlights? It's better than nothing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A few details for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party have been announced.

On 25 select nights, Nov. 9-Dec. 22, this separately ticketed event will welcome guests to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year at Magic Kingdom. Holiday magic is unwrapped with the return of festive favorites like the Christmas extravaganza stage show, “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration,” the sparkling spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the merry must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Guests can also look forward to enjoying some of their favorite classic and thrill attractions, including TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise, which will use a virtual queue* during the event.

Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and can be purchased online beginning July 6. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 29 on the Walt Disney World website. Ticket prices will range from $159-$199 per person. The party dates are:
  • November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
  • December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22

Last edited:

kong1802

MVMCP is encompassing 25 nights (25 nights!!!) in a 6 week span. That means 25 days of shorter hours, no nighttime entertainment for paying guests and getting shooed out of the park before dinner.

But if you look at it the other way, there's a full 17 days in a 6 week span that one can experience regular hours!

Wait, that actually makes it sound worse :)

DisneyDreamer08

MVMCP is encompassing 25 nights (25 nights!!!) in a 6 week span. That means 25 days of shorter hours, no nighttime entertainment for paying guests and getting shooed out of the park before dinner.
I guess I never realized how many nights per week this party is held vs MNSSHP. I know a family who will be in Disney November 12-17th. There are parties the 13th, 14th & 16th. They are doing 4 park days, the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th. So if they want to see MK fireworks, the 15th is their only choice.

JohnD

People keep forgetting that the shorter hours also means that fewer people are in the parks on those days. What you lack in nighttime entertainment, you make up for in being able to visit more attractions due to lesser wait times.

JohnD

Here's a visual of MVMCP vs. Jollywood dates.

1686858961745.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom