News All Disney Springs water taxies now closed due to low water levels

Tha Realest

This from Google maps shows you the path. Basically start at the dam next to bld 55 and follow the signs. Some of the paths shown on the map are for golfers only. The path basically follows along the canal. The ones running alongside of the the fairways are for golfers only. Beware of the golf carts, they drive like maniacs. Since the path dumps you out at the far end of the parking lot behind Cirque, if your heading to the old marketplace side, it would be shorter to cross the bridge to Saratoga springs and cut through the congress park area and cross it's bridge into the Market place near Rainforest. This path isn't a short walk and since there is no water along the way, I wouldn't try this unless its cloudy or cooler out.

View attachment 722616
I feel like there are certain security checkpoints that don’t allow for an easy walking path into DS?

Ayla

Where is the walking path? I know OKW is up against the golf course. Not sure when looking at a map what paths are for golf and which are for walking to Disney Springs.
There isn't one for walking. If you get caught, you'll be asked to find a different way to DS.

MagicRat

There actually is a walking path between Saratoga Springs and OKW, the cast members at Saratoga even tell the bike riders how to travel it between the resorts. So if you can take that route you can definitely access Disney Springs from OKW.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
There isn't one for walking. If you get caught, you'll be asked to find a different way to DS.
It even has a name, called the Conch Flats Nature Trail.

Here’s the signage… it’s clearly labeled and security will just wave to you as they drive by on the trail. (Not my photos)

Attachments

• post-web-048.jpeg
    post-web-048.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 66
  • post-web-043.jpeg
    post-web-043.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 63

Tha Realest

I don’t think the issue is walking trails it’s whether they let you access DS. We were at SS a few years ago and I feel like one of the direct walking routes routed you to the other side of DS for security checkpoint purposes

MagicRat

Go to the
I don’t think the issue is walking trails it’s whether they let you access DS. We were at SS a few years ago and I feel like one of the direct walking routes routed you to the other side of DS for security checkpoint purposes
go to the last Saratoga room complex on the lake and their is a specified walking path to Disney Springs. There is even a walking path around the lake for Springs guests. It is one of the selling points of staying there,

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
Yea, the Cirque du Soleil entrance is funky… gotta walk around the whole tent and everything. I just take the Rainforest Cafe/Christmas Store entrance… it’s more direct without that detour.

Tha Realest

Yea, the Cirque du Soleil entrance is funky… gotta walk around the whole tent and everything. I just take the Rainforest Cafe/Christmas Store entrance… it’s more direct without that detour.
Ah thank you. We got some bad directions and had to backtrack a lot. I get it and understand the need for security - not complaining - but as the crow flies there would have been quicker and more direct routes but recall it being a longer walk than we had expected.

TrainsOfDisney

I’ve walked from the Hilton to Saratoga springs early in the morning to catch a MK bus and even though the walkway was “closed” with a gate across it, security has always let me walk to the bus stop.

bpiper

I thought that buses didn't run from disney springs to the parks to prevent people from from getting free parking.

DisneyFanatic12

Original Poster
I thought that buses didn't run from disney springs to the parks to prevent people from from getting free parking.
For most guests, it’s indirect enough that it’s not a risk. Most guests would rather drive directly to the park if they have their own car than park at the Springs and take a bus. You can get free parking if you do park at the Springs, but it’s uncommon enough that Disney doesn’t care.

Though it sounds like TrainsOfDisney was referring to taking the SS bus instead of the DS bus.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’ve walked from the Hilton to Saratoga springs early in the morning to catch a MK bus and even though the walkway was “closed” with a gate across it, security has always let me walk to the bus stop.
Ah so you’re another one that uses the SSR busses when not staying there.

Its frustrating when the bus system there is full of people to/from Disney Springs or that area and the actual SSR resort guests can’t get on at times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom