Jasmine’s new look at WDW?

coachb

Original Poster
Is this really what she is wearing?
I could have sworn I saw her in something close to her original.

On another note… it’s strange how her hair comes down between her eyes and the outfit seems a little too much like it’s trying to match more restrictive culture in regards to women’s rights, fashion, etc

James Alucobond

I'm guessing they're referring to the fully covered top with the sheer balloon sleeves that she often wears now instead of the off-the-shoulder bralette from the original film.

coachb

Original Poster
Oops. Here is image..
1686186880779.jpeg

brb1006

On another note… it’s strange how her hair comes down between her eyes and the outfit seems a little too much like it’s trying to match more restrictive culture in regards to women’s rights, fashion, etc
She's been like that since 2015/2016.

donsullivan

Premium Member

As it was described to me, this was done in hopes of protecting Jasmine from inappropriate comments and other behaviors from boarish guests.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

December 2014 vs January 2020. We were also there in September 2016 but I just went though the pictures and I don’t think we met Jasmine that trip. So the change was sometime prior to 2020.
IMG_8589.jpeg
IMG_6065.jpeg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As much as I'd love all characters to be 100% film accurate, I get this one... far too many people these days who think they are invincible and can do what they want and get a bit too handsy or make a bit too provocative of a comment. I'm sure >95% of guest interactions are fine, but it's those few guests that ruin it for the rest of us. If you want to keep those cast members around, you do what you need to do to make sure they feel comfortable and confident.

Comped

As it was described to me, this was done in hopes of protecting Jasmine from inappropriate comments and other behaviors from boorish guests.
Makes sense as it seems like even Tokyo adopted this change (at least for M&Gs). So it seems like a world-wide approach.

Ghost93

While I understand wanting the character to look exactly like she did in the animated film, I feel the actors playing Jasmine before the costume change were probably subjected to more inappropriate comments and occasional groping. I remember reading somewhere about the actors playing Tarzan and Esmeralda being harassed by handsy guests back in the day and I can imagine similar incidents happing with Jasmine. The more modest look is probably more comfortable for the cast members.

Angel Ariel

As it was described to me, this was done in hopes of protecting Jasmine from inappropriate comments and other behaviors from boorish guests.
I think it was more about inappropriate touches from guests rather than just comments. Ariel’s meet and greet is much more controlled and it’s difficult to get as close to her as Jasmine gets to guests walking around.

Monkee Girl

I'll be honest, I've hated the new look since they introduced it. She doesn't look right. They could have done many things if 'revealing clothing' was an issue like put her in her purple engagement announcement gown or something. Or put her in a top like she wore in the Disney land park show or Broadway show. I miss the height of the hair and there 's just too much going on with the outfit now. It's a shame cause she really popped in her original look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom