News New Summer 2023 Ticket Offer for California Residents at Disneyland Resort

PiratesMansion

Ugh, the whole summer?!?!?
Kevin Hart Crying GIF by Team Coco

el_super

Reminds me of what happened after Galaxy's Edge failed to bring in crowds.

Disneyland, at least, has been pretty busy the last few weeks. Busier than other summers? Hard to tell just from looking at the crowds.

I think this is still part of their effort to convince locals to get off of APs and take heavily discounted single-day tickets.

shambolicdefending

Wouldn't surprise me if they're testing demand for this with a long-term eye towards eliminating most MKs and replacing them with permanent, seasonal local discounts.

CaptinEO

Offering discounts over the summer is kind of a big deal, as that's supposed to be among the busiest times for the resort.

Disneyland continues to be a masterclass in how not to operate the most famous theme park on the planet.
Their demand based pricing makes what should be crowded days the lightest days.

SoCalDisneyLover

Losing Fantasmic! as well as having no water ride for the whole summer, is definitely going to cause a hit to attendance. They've also paused sales of Keys again, so this will get people interested in going, and maybe even some with Keys that are essentially blocked out for the summer, to buy these so they can go 3 times in the summer.

TP2000

I am the one man Fun Committee for my family when we all convene at the SoCal beach house later this summer.

I had a text list from the kids with their preferred activities this summer, which I then organize and buy tickets/reservations for. Disneyland wasn't on the list this year. The kids (young married adults) and my younger sister and her husband are over it, and I'm okay with that.

Wild Animal Park made the list, sea kayaking made it, Roger's Gardens up in Fashion Island paired with OC's new modern art museum and dinner at an old fave Corona Del Mar restaurant made it. Disneyland didn't.

I'm making a pitch for Knott's Berry Farm to see the new Fiesta Village and dinner at Mrs. Knotts, and so far the kids seem amenable to that. But Disneyland? Nope. It's seen as far too convoluted and hectic and overwrought (Lightning Lane is different than Lightning Lane A La' Carte, but you have to buy Genie+ for the first one and do not pass Go or collect $200) to go to Disneyland for nothing much new.

Can't say I blame them. And so I can't say I blame TDA for doing locals discounts for summer.

Last edited:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Is Disneyland losing steam?
The bigger question is if Disney is losing stream. I've found the Disney Parks to be the last holdout on the company losing money just because the parks are so popular. AFAIK the last round of layoffs did not touch the parks. It's natural to wonder if people are also staying away from the parks for the same reasons they are staying away from the theaters/televisions. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom