Unpopular opinions about the parks?

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I don't like Haunted Mansion (I posted in the "WDI best attractions" thread about why) I also hate Pooh due to that same trip (but alot of people hate that one)

I like Buzz and Zurg's voice in it

1971 Snow White was better than 1994 Snow White

Body Wars was good and they shouldn't have cut part of the film (and I only hate how you don't see who the patient is on the ride)

I miss Pizza Planet and the Sorcerer's Hat

I miss HISTA

Alien Encounter fit in MK

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I don't like Haunted Mansion (I posted in the "WDI best attractions" thread about why) I also hate Pooh due to that same trip (but alot of people hate that one)

I like Buzz and Zurg's voice in it

1971 Snow White was better than 1994 Snow White

Body Wars was good and they shouldn't have cut part of the film (and I only hate how you don't see who the patient is on the ride)

I miss Pizza Planet and the Sorcerer's Hat

I miss HISTA

Alien Encounter fit in MK

I'm not the biggest fan of HM either actually. It's a good attraction, but I think POTC is superior

My unpopular opinion on these boards is that they are still fun and worth a trip. 😄

I mean I think that's just most people expressing that they dislike the current direction of the parks, but being that they still go they are implicitly admitting they are still worth a visit, for them. Keep in mind most of what the parks are even today is reflective of TWDC in the 50s-2000s, not the modern Iger-Chapek era upon which people lament

Smiley/OCD

I hate it when people on here say the parks are dirty and there’s overflowing trash cans and yet no one EVER provides TIME STAMPED proof…when you call them on it to provide proof…CRICKETS…I say time stamped only so stock Pinterest photos from 10 years ago aren’t used…I’ll be the first to call TWDC out, but let’s not make stuff up…

Jrb1979

I will continue to say that there’s still value in taking a trip for the range of entertainment and thrills you get. Paying for a full day in any of the parks gives me more than I can get anywhere else.
And I feel different. For my $200 platinum pass for Cedar Fair parks I get 8 months worth of visiting multiple parks and get thrills and decent entertainment for much cheaper than a Disney park, especially at the price they charge right now

Smiley/OCD

And I feel different. For my $200 platinum pass for Cedar Fair parks I get 8 months worth of visiting multiple parks and get thrills and decent entertainment for much cheaper than a Disney park, especially at the price they charge right now
For thrill rides, you’re absolutely correct…for theme and atmosphere, there’s NO comparison. I think the fact that many people fail to take into account is that there IS a large group of people that just don’t like or do thrill rides…my wife for example can’t go on them. For her, there’s about 10 rides total at WDW that she can’t ride, so for her, there’s no choice…for me? Happy wife, happy life! Lol

Jrb1979

For thrill rides, you’re absolutely correct…for theme and atmosphere, there’s NO comparison. I think the fact that many people fail to take into account is that there IS a large group of people that just don’t like or do thrill rides…my wife for example can’t go on them. For her, there’s about 10 rides total at WDW that she can’t ride, so for her, there’s no choice…for me? Happy wife, happy life! Lol
I do get that but I will say many don't even look into these parks to see what they offer. Cedar Point has started adding more family oriented attractions and Knott's is also good as being well themed and a lot for the whole family.

I'm lucky my wife loves going to Cedar Point and staying at the hotel on property.

BasiltheBatLord

The Epcot overhaul gets too much hate. Not being pleased with the execution is one thing, but it was a stagnant park for the last 20-25 years and what they're doing now is infinitely preferable to leaving it how it was.

Getting rid of the alcohol prohibition and relaxing the Disney Look are some of the worst decisions TWDC has ever made in relation to the parks and directly contradicts Walt's original vision.

Epcot81Fan

The Epcot overhaul gets too much hate. Not being pleased with the execution is one thing, but it was a stagnant park for the last 20-25 years and what they're doing now is infinitely preferable to leaving it how it was.
So apparently those are the only two options?

Leave the park stagnant for 25 more years or these terrible, inept, disconnected series of pathetic changes?

How about Door #3: Update the park AND make it incredible, thematically cohesive, and amazing?

(Edited to protect the sensitive)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom