Will the Little Mermaid ride be changed?

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm not sure how valid this site is, but according to Disney Dining, there is some speculation that the Little Mermaid ride at the Magic Kingdom could be altered to be more like the live-action movie: https://www.disneydining.com/this-beloved-magic-kingdom-ride-could-change-entirely-ir1/.

According to the article in question, guests have been complaining about how the animatronics have been looking worse for wear, and the ride often stops due to technical difficulties. The article speculates that, while it's not on the cards right now, if the new movie does well enough, Disney could potentially overhaul the ride to be like the one from the movie, especially since the ride is allegedly in bad shape now.

I hope that doesn't happen and the new movie is just a passing fad, though the ride could definitely benefit from some sprucing up.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Doesn't matter what they do they will be in the wrong for some people. I see them leaving the ride as is and promoting the live action Ariel in another area/park.
I can't imagine more than a meet and greet to be honest as none of the other remakes have garnered a ride change or new attraction.

drizgirl

I'm not sure how valid this site is, but according to Disney Dining, there is some speculation that the Little Mermaid ride at the Magic Kingdom could be altered to be more like the live-action movie: https://www.disneydining.com/this-beloved-magic-kingdom-ride-could-change-entirely-ir1/.

According to the article in question, guests have been complaining about how the animatronics have been looking worse for wear, and the ride often stops due to technical difficulties. The article speculates that, while it's not on the cards right now, if the new movie does well enough, Disney could potentially overhaul the ride to be like the one from the movie, especially since the ride is allegedly in bad shape now.

I hope that doesn't happen and the new movie is just a passing fad, though the ride could definitely benefit from some sprucing up.
That would require that they go all in and switch out the MK meet and greet as well. I’m just not sure I expect them to go that far.

Fido Chuckwagon

None of the live-action remakes seem to do particularly well, so unless Mermaid is an exception, I doubt this is in the cards.

erasure fan1

if the new movie does well enough, Disney could potentially overhaul the ride to be like the one from the movie, especially since the ride is allegedly in bad shape now.
I'm going to go with not going to happen for two reasons. First, it would require a very extensive overhaul and that would cost a lot more than the duck tape and super glue they will use to refresh the current ride. And second, while I see the movie doing well at the box office, I don't really see a lot of "it's so much better than the original!" So why invest the money for something that most likely wouldn't be all that well received.

TTA94

They could have made the ride so much more exciting and amazing but they went the very simple and cheap route instead.

This will Never happen but what they should do is replace the show at DHS with either a upgraded version with special effects or build a new LM attraction in that area. Maybe some type of water attraction?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I can see a refurb replacing animatronix with screenz -- that way, when a main character changes noticeably between the animation and the live-action they can put any confusion to bed immediately.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was at DHS about a month ago and noticed the old Little Mermaid show exterior stuff is still there...maybe they'll just make a new version of that?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom