"Disney's reputation hit by polarizing political drama" - Axios Harris Poll 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster

Brian

This year's Axios Harris Poll 100 shows Disney reputation again dropping, down to 70.9, just ahead of eBay.

Disney fell 12 spots to #77.

Perhaps more worrisome, Disney is now ranked the fifth most polarizing company. The only more polarizing companies were the Trump Organization (#1), Fox News (#2), Hobby Lobby (#3), and FTX (#4).

Links provided below:

Disney's reputation hit by polarizing political drama

The 2023 Axios Harris Poll 100 reputation rankings
Great. Now we're going to have 25 pages of graphs and charts explaining how ACKSHUALLY Disney is more popular than ever. 🤣

ETA: Credit to @Trauma for the joke.

Last edited:

Trauma

Great. Now we're going to have 25 pages of graphs and charts explaining how ACKSHUALLY Disney is the more popular than ever. 🤣
Hey this is my joke.

Don’t worry the penguin is coming he always saves the day.

Trauma

This year's Axios Harris Poll 100 shows Disney's reputation again dropping, down to 70.9, just ahead of eBay.

Disney fell 12 spots to #77.

Perhaps more worrisome, Disney is now ranked the fifth most polarizing company. The only more polarizing companies were the Trump Organization (#1), Fox News (#2), Hobby Lobby (#3), and FTX (#4).

Links provided below:

Disney's reputation hit by polarizing political drama

The 2023 Axios Harris Poll 100 reputation rankings
So do they keep Iger until the brand is damaged beyond repair ?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Let's focus on what's important
Kitten GIF

flynnibus

Premium Member
Personally I find the drop in Disney's reputation associated with quality of product - and less about their social agenda. But I can't unsee the agenda probably getting some projects done that shouldn't have been done.. or at least released as they were. But I'm not upset over the priority, I'm upset because the result was subpar.

On the parks side, I find the monetization and lack of customer service appauling considering what Disney built their product's reputation on. Disney needs to move forward and find a new space they can excel at... because this $200/day park experience sucks.

BaconPancakes

Personally I find the drop in Disney's reputation associated with quality of product - and less about their social agenda. But I can't unsee the agenda probably getting some projects done that shouldn't have been done.. or at least released as they were. But I'm not upset over the priority, I'm upset because the result was subpar.

On the parks side, I find the monetization and lack of customer service appauling considering what Disney built their product's reputation on. Disney needs to move forward and find a new space they can excel at... because this $200/day park experience sucks.
For example, nobody should be required to call into a damn call center to buy special event tickets like for the Halloween party. I spent more than four hours last year on hold. Completely ridiculous for one of the biggest corporations in 2023.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For example, nobody should be required to call into a damn call center to buy special event tickets like for the Halloween party. I spent more than four hours last year on hold. Completely ridiculous for one of the biggest corporations in 2023.
Yeah - the kind of phone hold times people tolerate to BUY Disney parks stuff is absolutely insane. I just won't do it. I don't want Disney that much...

The Empress Lilly

The Disney brand doesn't mix well with political bickering, with anger and polarisation.

It must be a rough sea to sail for Disney - damned if they do, damned if they don't on the polarising issues - but Disney should have prevented ending up in this position. I don't know how, but that's why people get paid $60 million a year. This mess constitutes a strategic failure of TWDC.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well, they shouldn’t have taken a stance on the initial bill. Not from a PR and avoiding contrive point of view. The country and world in general is too polarized for a public facing company to take official positions in heated political issues like that.
While I don't necessary disagree, keep in mind that many other companies did take a stance, although it was quieter in form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom