Mystery DHS Structure

ProjectXBlog

Original Poster
I was watching a walkthrough of DHS this morning and noticed a structure that I couldn’t identify. This is a scaffold structure outside of One Man’s Dream with a scrim stretched across the top third; in recent years it looks like it was enclosed to match the surrounding architecture. I’ve tried spotting it in older walkthroughs and aerial photos but can’t figure out its purpose or origin. Does anyone have any insight? My guess is it’s a lighting rig but I’m curious to find out. I’ve included pictures I found from googling:
IMG_1491.jpeg

IMG_1490.jpeg

leiaorgana

Didn't these originally pop up for the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular fireworks show? I can't remember seeing them around before then tbh

AndyS2992

Used for projection shows and such.

More embarrassing is the abandoned Voyage of the Little Mermaid building to the right. They going to do something with this or what?
Prime real estate going to waste. Much like the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot and Stitch's Great Escape at Magic Kingdom.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Much like the Wonders of Life Pavilion at Epcot and Stitch's Great Escape at Magic Kingdom.
Those had endo and evil male robots respectively originally, the two best sci-fi tropes. MAKING THEM SIT LIKE THAT IS THE WORST!! At least Tomorrowland still has an evil male robot (I'm sure you know who...)

JIMINYCR

Would it help get animation courtyard back to … animation?
Animation???? I think Disneys moved on from true animation. They certainly havent given us much recently that IMHO shows they care much.
What built Dis and set Walt on his pathway to greatness has been left behind.

gerarar

Premium Member
Also: I believe they set off pyro on New Year's Eve at the end of 2021 at DHS. Does anyone know if they did it last year?
They did do some high shells again for 2022 NYE. I think I posted some screencaps in the general New Years thread way back.

gerarar

Premium Member
Also: I believe they set off pyro on New Year's Eve at the end of 2021 at DHS. Does anyone know if they did it last year?
Went back and found my post lol

So yeah, they can definitely do some high shells on a daily basis, Disney just chooses not to. Even when SWAGS was still a thing before the park closures, it still had the high comets coming from World Drive.
Despite the reports saying there wouldn't be any fireworks, HS had some actual fireworks for their NYE countdown.
Lots of low pyro and they actually used the (rarely touched) launchers next to World Dr.

Pretty cool countdown and fireworks show overall.
View attachment 689543

Video starts right at countdown:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom