Holy heatwave, Batman - can we turn the thermostat down?

JohnD

donald-duck-heat.gif

John park hopper

Went in May of 2017 and the weather was great 70s during the day 50s at night. Went May 2019 and it was hot hot hot in the 90s --you just never know

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Yup, summer is here! I know this because I had to crank up the AC on my car on my way home from work this evening!
Me too, but only because its the height of tree pollen season here in NY. Drove to work this.morning with the windows open and nearly ran myself off the road from coughing. AC on the way home.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yup, summer is here! I know this because I had to crank up the AC on my car on my way home from work this evening!
Except that Summer is over a month away! It is subtle (except for the storms) but it is starting to get obvious the the climate is changing ever so slowly. I've been living in NC for 12 years and this is the first winter where we have had no snow (not a flake at RDU) in central NC and not even one freezing rain session. We had trees and flowers blooming in March and more rain then anyone can remember. I said once, that I have had an umbrella in my car for the entire time I've lived here and never needed to use it even once until this year and it has been four times just in the last 2 months. Out of 18 weekends, it has been raining 15 of them.

Disstevefan1

The weather is fickle in central Florida, and they may forecast heat but it's really the heat and humidity and to me, it's the humidity that is the factor, lower humidity does not feel as hot.

If you are lucky and get clouds, that makes a huge difference.

And as has been said a lot, go to the park in the mornings and evenings taking a break in the middle of the day when it's the hottest.

Lilofan

The weather is fickle in central Florida, and they may forecast heat but it's really the heat and humidity and to me, it's the humidity that is the factor, lower humidity does not feel as hot.

If you are lucky and get clouds, that makes a huge difference.

And as has been said a lot, go to the park in the mornings and evenings taking a break in the middle of the day when it's the hottest.
In the middle of the day I'd be napping in any ice cold AC theatre like in Epcot. American Adventure with its 50 min show is a good one.

jloucks

It seems like half the time I goto WDW, I have to buy Micky sweatpants because the weather drops 40 degrees in the middle of the trip.

My point being, Florida weather is about as trustworthy as Texas weather. :p

Goofyernmost

In the middle of the day I'd be napping in any ice cold AC theatre like in Epcot. American Adventure with its 50 min show is a good one.

I have done the same.

However I can't nap in the pre show rotanda with amazing acoustics of American Adventure. I love listening to the Voices of Liberty but after an all u can eat at Biertgarden , a snooze at AA theatre is called for.
I hope you folks have stayed awake for it at least once because American Adventure is an absolute engineering marvel. No matter how many times I have seen it I still sit there with my mouth half open trying to figure out how they make it all work so smoothly. I guess that is what a sheltered rural Vermonter will do when he sees such an advanced display of technology.

JIMINYCR

I hope you folks have stayed awake for it at least once because American Adventure is an absolute engineering marvel. No matter how many times I have seen it I still sit there with my mouth half open trying to figure out how they make it all work so smoothly. I guess that is what a sheltered rural Vermonter will do when he sees such an advanced display of technology.
We took the behind the scenes tour and part of the tour was going beneath and seeing the scene lifts and told how it all was coordinated throughout the program. I found it more interesting than the Utilidors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom