News Shiki-Sai: Sushi Izakaya to open in EPCOT this summer

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Rservations were actually open yesterday. Just booked three meals there as my wife loves sashimi and I haven't had a decent okonomiyaki in years. I can't see us eating a boat designed for 4-6 people , but maybe one of the moriawase options.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The other site has a video on the twitter, they ordered the $300 boat.

I can't believe that costs $300.
Shiki-Sai-Sushi-Izakaya_Full_51662.jpg

Yep its a lot.

Disney Analyst

It's suppose to be an izakaya, traditionally it's small bites and alcohol. It's not as if it were a Kura location.

I understand that, but they are still serving up Sushi... and Sushi boats, and that boat is underwhelming for the cost.

But perhaps I am biased coming from a region with so much beautiful Sushi, at reasonable prices.

Can dine out at some pretty incredible Omakase restaurant's and fine dining Sushi here for a LOT cheaper than that boat (and I get it, it's Disney, and it contains Wagyu, but I just am still shocked by the... amount).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Why are people obsessed with the boat? It’s $300 bucks, that’s nuts but there are 100 other options on the menu far more reasonable.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
A local place is about $75 for a boat with half the sushi and sashimi and doesn't include wagyu not what looks like at least one large roll and some other stuff. Consideration Disney inflation, I don't think it's bad for everything it includes, especially for those that can apply a discount (eventually, if not already). $63-$75 pp for 4 people

But there's also a "bridge" for $100 that says 2-3 people, so in theory better for folks only wanting fish at $45-$50 pp for 2 people.

Sir_Cliff

This looks like a nice upgrade to me.

I have eaten at Tokyo Dining a few times and found it one of the better World Showcase restaurants in terms of atmosphere, and this looks like they are improving things which has to be a win. In general, the Japan pavilion is very nicely done; I particularly like the museum there!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Uh oh... I'm going to have to refinance the house before our next trip, I can see that already.

Yeah, the nigiri and boats are expensive, but even at that price it's cheaper than flying to Tokyo.

Comped

Uh oh... I'm going to have to refinance the house before our next trip, I can see that already.

Yeah, the nigiri and boats are expensive, but even at that price it's cheaper than flying to Tokyo.
Not by much if you use ZipAir. You can even get a lie-flat bed for about $900 each way from San Jose/SF/LA, and even cheaper ($360/330/$280 respectively) if you fly economy. Yes, you read that right - you can literally fly to Tokyo for the price of that boat and some drinks, maybe a desert, plus a tip if you're willing to fly in economy.

Sir_Cliff

I can't believe I've never been to Japan and I have to see the Epcot Pavilion does a good job as even watching that promo for the revamped sushi restaurant made me immediately think I need to book a trip to Japan sometime soon!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I can't believe I've never been to Japan and I have to see the Epcot Pavilion does a good job as even watching that promo for the revamped sushi restaurant made me immediately think I need to book a trip to Japan sometime soon!
Sadly, my only experience of sushi in Japan is -- gasp! -- AIRPORT sushi. I was connecting and had an extra hour at Narita, and there was this sushi bar -- a kiosk, really -- but the fish looked incredible. Had a couple of pieces of beautiful otoro. So it was, as far as I can tell, authentic.

FYI, for another "good" sushi experience in a -- gasp! -- AIRPORT, try Matsutake at Reagan National.

aladdin2007

Anyone been? As someone who does not eat sushi I'm trying to find something on the menu as trying it tomorrow, but it doesn't look easy unless I am missing something. Just wondered if any reviews or opinions.

christine7257

I've been. We enjoyed it. The only non-sushi things we had were the karaage chicken (pretty big portion) and the wagyu gyoza (3 beef dumplings) and I'd recommend both. Side note, they do have silverware available - you just may need to ask for it. The skewers could be an option, or the udon, or the Ishiyaki-Sukiyaki Rice with grilled beef. Hope you enjoy!

aladdin2007

I've been. We enjoyed it. The only non-sushi things we had were the karaage chicken (pretty big portion) and the wagyu gyoza (3 beef dumplings) and I'd recommend both. Side note, they do have silverware available - you just may need to ask for it. The skewers could be an option, or the udon, or the Ishiyaki-Sukiyaki Rice with grilled beef. Hope you enjoy!
Thanks so much, thats very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom