News New limited time Haunted Mansion gargoyle tiki mug - wrist band required

JohnD

So, I've received my wristband but don't yet have the mug. Here is how this works.

1. Arrive around 10am to get in line for wrist band distribution at 11am (yes, 11am). (Note, unless you're staying at Poly or have an ADR, don't attempt to drive there before 11am or they won't let you in as I found out. After a lot of convoluted driving, I ended up parking in MK preferred parking and took monorail over).
2. The queue isn't that bad. A little spread out on the patio and you may actually get a seat at a patio table while you wait. Claim your spot and grab a quick breakfast from Captain Cook's if you want.
3. Bands are distributed at 11am.
4. Return between 3pm and midnight to purchase your mug. (After a 3pm ADR in HS, I'm taking bus to Poly and back to get mug.)

JohnD

I'm now in the mug releases line. Good thing my day is flexible. However, some old codger just walked up and is telling everyone who will listen that you can order a drink at the patio and get your mug "instantly." Edit, 5:23pm: A lady behind me is joining her father at a table. Will be interesting to see who gets their mug first.

233CF6D7-D50C-423E-AA7C-A4BF303AA453.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnD

Got the mug at about 6. BTW, even after standing in line, at a standing bar you pay for the offered drink with or without alcohol in a plastic cup then they remove your band and you receive your mug packed in a box.

wannabeBelle

Bumping as Trader Sams has a new mug. I'm at WDW later this week. Will it still be there? Don't know. For comparison, the HM mug was only available April 20-22. It seems my trips have been timed with new releases.

I saw elsewhere that this mug was $75.00 with the glowing ball in the center an additional $6.00. Not worth it for me. Marie

JohnD

I saw elsewhere that this mug was $75.00 with the glowing ball in the center an additional $6.00. Not worth it for me. Marie
You reported in April that the HM mug WITH drink was $80. So with the glowing ball, apparently $81 PLUS drink. Not sure I want this one anyway. My guess is the gargoyle mug will show to have had greater appeal than this one. But maybe there are those who want them anyway. Or resellers, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom