News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Man everyone here is talking about big picture industry stuff and you’re going with ‘bob hasn’t added any new attractions’ in his first six months… while under intense market pressure…???

Srsly?

I can’t take you seriously after that
I can’t take anyone seriously who puts “Bob” and “first six months” in the same sentence.

He invented the build “slow roll”

Gotta get out of Orlando occasionally…for perspective.

The humidity probably caused mold to grow on your brain lobes

Last edited:

Trauma

Man everyone here is talking about big picture industry stuff and you’re going with ‘bob hasn’t added any new attractions’ in his first six months… while under intense market pressure…???

Srsly?

I can’t take you seriously after that
Yeah this Iger guy is brand new. We have to give him a chance to familiarize with the job.

It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah this Iger guy is brand new. We have to give him a chance to familiarize with the job.

It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Wait.... so you all want to keep reliving what is already done and keep worrying about what is already done? Instead of looking at what he is doing with the company NOW?

The choice you made in 2015 is not the decision you make on the situation in 2023.

This is stupid. You're judging his outputs -now- based not on what he's doing -now-... but what he did in another situation instead?

What color is the sky in your world?

HEY IGER - I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR AWHILE... BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ALL THOSE THINGS WHILE YOU WEREN'T HERE?

What is this nonsense...

Trauma

Wait.... so you all want to keep reliving what is already done and keep worrying about what is already done? Instead of looking at what he is doing with the company NOW?

The choice you made in 2015 is not the decision you make on the situation in 2023.

This is stupid. You're judging his outputs -now- based not on what he's doing -now-... but what he did in another situation instead?

HEY IGER - I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE FOR AWHILE... BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ALL THOSE THINGS WHILE YOU WEREN'T HERE?

What is this nonsense...
Well if I hadn’t seen the sky today I would still say it’s blue.

That’s because things don’t really change much.

Same as Iger.

I don’t know what your point is, but it’s nice to see that your caps lock isn’t broken.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

What is this nonsense...
…preachy and wrong. An apologist masquerading as an “expert”

Same ole stuff

celluloid

What is this nonsense...

This is particularly funny and sad considering that Bob Iger left the company due to being a shifty cowardly puck.

He still is.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don’t know what your point is, but it’s nice to see that your caps lock isn’t broken.
To judge a 2023 decision based on 2015's (or any other past year) situation or outcome is dumb.

If you believe you can forecast Iger's future decisions based on his past.... ok. But to judge a 2023 decision without looking at 2023 is dumb. To expect Iger to have some magic continuity of operations from before until now is dumb.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Everything someone says on here is “dumb”

Apparently has been asleep for 20 years…less observant of how the trouble happened than a guard from hogans heroes

SamusAranX

To judge a 2023 decision based on 2015's (or any other past year) situation or outcome is dumb.

If you believe you can forecast Iger's future decisions based on his past.... ok. But to judge a 2023 decision without looking at 2023 is dumb. To expect Iger to have some magic continuity of operations from before until now is dumb.
If someone shows you who they are by their actions, believe them

Jrb1979

and when asked to point out those actions -- you pointed to examples that ignore where the company is functioning RIGHT NOW.
It's not in a good position right now. Why else are they laying people off, can't fill the parks and resorts and closing their LARPing hotel.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's not in a good position right now. Why else are they laying people off, can't fill the parks and resorts and closing their LARPing hotel.
None of which was on the list provided. But the parks are not reporting huge drops. The starcruiser wasn’t going to be saved by iger in this short time period. It’s sacrifice vs rework is on his watch… but I don’t see an announcement of starcruiser changes making the market pivot on their company outlook. Saving billions will

Jrb1979

None of which was on the list provided. But the parks are not reporting huge drops. The starcruiser wasn’t going to be saved by iger in this short time period. It’s sacrifice vs rework is on his watch… but I don’t see an announcement of starcruiser changes making the market pivot on their company outlook. Saving billions will
They haven't reported huge drops yet. Judging by reports this weekend the parks a quieter than normal. Compare that to Universal and SeaWorld where they are busier than normal.

Look for yourself.

Trauma

They haven't reported huge drops yet. Judging by reports this weekend the parks a quieter than normal. Compare that to Universal and SeaWorld where they are busier than normal.

Look for yourself.
My buddy is at cedar point. I told him he would have to buy express pass but he didn’t believe me.

Trauma

Look for yourself.
Velocicoaster with longer wait times than anything at Disney.

UH-OH

flynnibus

Premium Member

Look for yourself.
Inmm not saying things aren’t soft - but you are also assuming what it will mean in their results before they do their management of it. They have a far better picture than us and they have a ton of knobs to try to react with. So when they get to the point the floor is dropping in the report lets discuss then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom