News Legendary Imagineer Rolly Crump (Enchanted Tiki Room, Haunted Manaion, It’s A Small World) Passes Away At 93

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster

It is with a heavy heart that we announce that Roland “Rolly” Fargo Crump passed away peacefully yesterday morning at his home in Carlsbad, CA. He was 93 years old.

A truly one-of-a-kind individual, Rolly’s whimsical work has been featured all over the world. Whether it was his numerous contributions to the Walt Disney films & theme parks, his work for various pop culture luminaries (like Ernie Ball and Jacques Cousteau), or his own personal artwork, Rolly’s incredible style was uniquely his and instantly recognizable to many.

Rolly’s most notable work for The Walt Disney Company has profoundly impacted the theme park industry over the years. His designs contributed to the company’s most famous attractions, such as The Enchanted Tiki Room, the Haunted Mansion, it’s a small world, and more. His work went well beyond Disney, too, as he went on to create iconic work for Knott’s Berry Farm, Busch Gardens, the Sultan of Oman, and many more.

He leaves behind a legacy that can never be matched, and the magic he crafted for countless people worldwide will never be forgotten.

Rolly and his family would like to thank the fans for supporting his work over the years. His entire life was filled with one “kind of a cute story” after the next, and he will be remembered with lots of love.

Rolly Crump
February 27, 1930 - March 12, 2023

UPDATE: Lake Buena Vista Historical Society/Retro WDW held a memorial live stream on Monday March 13th.

Last edited:

hopemax

Oh no! This feels devastating. Rolly was such a unique individual. I know all of these people are getting up there, and it's only a matter of time, but still. I'm sure I'll feel the same when Bob Gurr passes because of the way he has embraced Disney fans.

brb1006

Oh no! This feels devastating. Rolly was such a unique individual. I know all of these people are getting up there, and it's only a matter of time, but still. I'm sure I'll feel the same when Bob Gurr passes because of the way he has embraced Disney fans.
Bob Gurr is going to really get me, especially seeing how he and Crump remembered Walt's passing.

Robbiem

Sad - another link with Walt and the early era of Disneyland lost

Rolly always sounded like a really interesting person I’d love to have met. His book with Jeff Heinbuch is a great read not just about Disney but other projects he worked on.

From what I’ve seen he enjoyed his,life and made several people happy which is about as good an epitaph as you can have RIP

Magenta Panther

Ah, good old Rolly. If you guys haven't read his book "It's kind of a Cute Story", then do. He writes with an optimistic charm that is irresistible, and he has nothing but good things to say about Walt, who he worked with. He's one Imagineer I wish I could have met. RIP, Rolly. If any two people can "plus" Heaven, you and Walt can. 😢😇

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
1678787103428.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom