News Jon Favreau outlines his idea for a Mandalorian ride at Disney Parks

Magenta Panther

Enough freaking Star Wars in the parks already! The IP already has its own land, more's the pity. The Star Cruiser is flopping hard. Disney should spend the money on something else, like fixing the damn Yeti AA in Expedition Everest. Or plussing Peter Pan's Flight a la Shanghai Disneyland. Or building an attraction based on real Disney. Nuts to Star Wars - its best days are behind it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Enough freaking Star Wars in the parks already! The IP already has its own land, more's the pity. The Star Cruiser is flopping hard. Disney should spend the money on something else, like fixing the damn Yeti AA in Expedition Everest. Or plussing Peter Pan's Flight a la Shanghai Disneyland. Or building an attraction based on real Disney. Nuts to Star Wars - its best days are behind it.
Mando is the most popular part of Star Wars right now...and has been for years. Likely why it is being talked about.

James Alucobond

It’s the most popular thing within the Galaxy’s Edge timeline, and GE could really use another ride. But I absolutely agree that it shouldn’t further pollute any other park.

celluloid

What kind of educational component could they possibly add?

"behind-the-scenes educational component." How the production is made. He really misses the studio theme park being themed to its mission statement. That would be interesting if of all things Jon helped it come full circle.

celluloid

They should lay a truth bomb on everyone and teach children one of the following:

1) the only theoretical way to travel between stars quickly is to be crushed by a pulp by immense gravitational forces in wormholes.
2) if you were to travel between stars everyone you love and know will be dead in the seconds of time that you would experience due to relativity.
3) nobody can hear you scream if your ship explodes because sound doesn’t travel through a vacuum. Also there will be no fire once your cockpit oxygen stores are instantly depleted by the explosion.

Just some ideas, I’m flexible though lol

To be fair, we do know all of that happens a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah re-reading it, it sounds like that’s what he meant. Agree it doesn’t seem to be the direction they are going. I’m not sure I want a Mandalorian ride.

Obvious armchair imagineer here, but I think they should build a ride that explores the different SW planets and environments. They could have Mando Easter eggs. Sort of like a SW small world ride.

Sounds like he is basically describing Smuggler's Run.

I don't think this is really news, this was just an interview question and probably doesn't have any actual bearing on the parks.

Drdcm

To be fair, we do know all of that happens a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.
Yeah I was just joking. I’m not the kind of person who criticizes that involves fictional fantastical themes because they’re not realistic. The people who get peeves by that stuff sort of miss the point that it’s entertainment

SplashJacket

Sounds like he is basically describing Smuggler's Run.

I don't think this is really news, this was just an interview question and probably doesn't have any actual bearing on the parks.
I’d have very little interest in another Star Wars simulator. A Star Wars shooter omnimover packed with battle droids, Greedo-type aliens, and such. I’d love to see Mando animatronics in a built-out environment.

I really think Hong Kong’s Tomorrowland was a missed opportunity. Building Star Tours over Iron Man, keeping Star Wars in Space Mountain, retheming Buzz to a Star Wars shooter and not Ant-Man, and building Rise instead of the Marvel E.

I know people want an X-wing coaster or something similar, but honestly would rather explore other Star Wars stories first.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe Disney encouraged it for better toy sales (why buy one collector ship when you can buy 2!)

... and you can buy the special edition Season 3 Razor Crest...

1678305572374.png

Last edited:

MrPromey

Now which Florida Park has a big unused pavilion that once housed a simulator ride?

Educational component?

Shameless insertion of IP?

Cheap?

View attachment 702674
Given that Disney's MGM studious were allegedly originally concieved as an EPCOT pavilion and that they've placed such strict rules on things in Galaxy's Edge that without a serous colon cleanse they wouldn't put a ride that both breaks timeline and takes you out of enviorment to show you how it's done in the movie theme park, it seems kind of fitting that what would likely be the best Star Wars ride and the one that actually talks about movie/tv making would end up in Epcot next to a Marvel property rather than in the park originally built for such things, doesn't it?

Last edited:

MrPromey

Rhode is gone. I think we'll witness the sun go supernova before we'll see that yeti move again.

SplashJacket

Looking at what Favreau said again, I see where he’s coming from.

It seems he more wants to showcase the technology behind the filming than an actual Razor Crest experience.

Seeing the technology used (in shows like Mando) in person was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done in my life. It truly is quite incredible, I had an ear-to-ear grin the whole time. Bottling that up into an attraction (like the classic attractions at Hollywood Studios) would be an epic experience.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My god, people. They were asked **IF** there would be a SW ride based on the Mandalorian, what would it be.

There's no inside info here. There is no actual info at all.
You know opinions off the cuff are as good as “confirmed insiders” to the starving masses here!…there have been 100 page threads on far less than this😂

montyz81

Me: This isn't the ride you're looking for.
WDWMagic Forum Member: This isn't the ride we're looking for.
Me: You can go about your business.
WDWMagic: We can go about our business.
Me: Move along.
WDWMagic: Move along... move along.

Purduevian

If/when SWGE gets a 3rd ride. They really need a no height family ride as there is very little for small children to do there (and all of DHS for that matter). It would be nice to have a NRJ mashed up with Jungle cruise type ride showcasing the natural plants/animals of Batuu hosted by an animatronic alien.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom