News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

LittleBuford

Impressions of France is in World Showcase. World Showcase was designed to give visitors a chance to see other parts of the world. So does the Canada and China 360 movies need to be taken out and put on PBS?
I like the films and don’t want them removed, but it has to be admitted that visitors no longer rely on such entertainment to learn about the rest of the world. Anyone with an interest can find hundreds of videos of France, China, Canada, etc. on YouTube.

Raxel7851

I like the films and don’t want them removed, but it has to be admitted that visitors no longer rely on such entertainment to learn about the rest of the world. Anyone with an interest can find hundreds of videos of France, China, Canada, etc. on YouTube.
That’s kinda weak. Surely there are scenes and other information on the Epcot films you may not find on YouTube.

aladdin2007

Well that's a problem for those kids and their parents. I see no issuewith kids actually learning something, and seeing another country on a large format projection. Disney should not be catering to the lowest common denominator.
Agree! Not only that they have Ratatouille back there now, there is no reason to turn Impressions into a toddler daycare. Not that ratatouille is that, its not its a fun ride for all ages. But keep some heart and soul in the pavilion which is what IDF is, leave out the horribly conceived toddler karaoke. Didn't the sing along stem from a chapek demand anyway? If someone in management had any care they could pull that awful show all together at this point. Beauty and the Beast merch will sell just fine without it.

LittleBuford

That’s kinda weak. Surely there are scenes and other information on the Epcot films you may not find on YouTube.
Yes, of course there are. But the motivation to spend one’s precious Disney time watching a travel film is probably much less now than it was in the pre-internet age. Again, I’m not speaking for myself, but about what the “average” guest might feel.

Raxel7851

Yes, of course there are. But the motivation to spend one’s precious Disney time watching a travel film is probably much less now than it was in the pre-internet age. Again, I’m not speaking for myself, but about what the “average” guest might feel.
I see your point. The films may be more entertaining than actually informative. But to be honest I have learned about the countries from watching the films.

Epcot81Fan

The average tourist wandering into a pavilion who sees a show about China more than likely is not trading off that experience from doing online research.

You are exposing the country and its heritage in an entertaining way to millions of people who otherwise would have never looked into it.

Unfortunately, it’s just the next step on turning all the parks into the Magic Kingdom (but a lesser version). Sad actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom