Polynesian Village Resort gets new rug color scheme in the lobby

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Like or not? Two new rugs on the left.

Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_50327.jpg

More photos

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-polynesian-resort/gallery/07feb2023-new-rug-color-scheme-at-disney's-polynesian-village-resort-lobby.htm

Weather_Lady

I think they look like they belong in Universal's Royal Pacific Resort (decorated in a modern pastel "tropical" motif, often oversized, as with the giant wall murals in the rooms) instead of at the Polynesian, where one expects to see retro Tiki colors and designs.

On the bright side (literally), the color scheme of the new rugs does an admirable job of trying to tie the colors of the old furniture in with the brighter hues of the light fixture and flowering plants. If the design was on a smaller scale, I think it could work. The print is just so massively scaled, in contrast to the furniture, that it looks like someone arranged dollhouse furniture on their own living room rug!

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Like the colors but the print is a bit, um, on the large size. I probably wouldn't have noticed it had that picture not shown it from above and the full, overbearingly large scale of it!

UNCgolf

I think they look like they belong in Universal's Royal Pacific Resort (decorated in a modern pastel "tropical" motif, often oversized, as with the giant wall murals in the rooms) instead of at the Polynesian, where one expects to see retro Tiki colors and designs.

On the bright side (literally), the color scheme of the new rugs does an admirable job of trying to tie the colors of the old furniture in with the brighter hues of the light fixture and flowering plants. If the design was on a smaller scale, I think it could work. The print is just so massively scaled, in contrast to the furniture, that it looks like someone arranged dollhouse furniture on their own living room rug!

The new rooms at the Polynesian have that bright tropical motif too, though -- when I first saw them I thought they looked like Royal Pacific rooms. So this probably fits the Polynesian lobby now.

Weather_Lady

I hope someone will post a wide-angle photo of how this all looks together. Separately, I don't see anything remotely cohesive or tiki-esque about the Wayfair oversized-tropical-print dorm room rugs, and the 80's African Art-style Bill Cosby sweater print upholstery. Maybe when viewed in context, they look better? 🤔🤷‍♀️

Dan Deesnee

LOL people will look back at this in years to come and say "what were they thinking?"

Looks like complete bargain basement trash.

Disney is slowly ruining all their best resorts. It's kind of magical in it's own way to watch happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom