Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The nonalcoholic drinks were ported straight from Narcoossee’s, name and all. Agave Garden and Pink London Spritzer names stick out like sore thumbs and had me thinking "where have I seen these?" Looks like they forgot to come up nonalcoholic ideas and the bar team just said "let's just do the same nonalcoholic stuff stuff as the place we reopened." 😄

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The nonalcoholic drinks were ported straight from Narcoossee’s, name and all. Agave Garden and Pink London Spritzer names stick out like sore thumbs and had me thinking "where have I seen these?" Looks like they forgot to come up nonalcoholic ideas and the bar team just said "let's just do the same nonalcoholic stuff stuff as the place we reopened." 😄
$11 bucks for a non-alcoholic beverage seems aggressive but I typically prefer the ones with Alcohol so my radar might be off.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
$11 bucks for a non-alcoholic beverage seems aggressive but I typically prefer the ones with Alcohol so my radar might be off.
It's about the going rate for mixed mocktails. I've had a few in the last year when on a medication contraindicated with alcohol. I wouldn't have noticed if not from the very Grand Floridian names. My amusement is just that it was an afterthought to the team. But they might not be aware the menu is live, and it's also possible the menu/website team uploaded the wrong section.

castlecake2.0

Personally I think it looks great and crocketts looks like it may be my new favorite lounge. Still looks the theme without looking like a truck stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpaceMountain77

Since 2012, we have been regular guests at Trail's End Restaurant. While I will miss the buffet, the photos suggest a fitting refresh that keeps with the spirit and theme of the resort. Sincerely, this slots into the win column.

nickys

Premium Member
What about breakfast? What is Trail’s End going to serve for that? And will it be a buffet?
Trails End will now be a QS, so no buffet.
Wonder when they will post the Trail's End menu? It's definitely on our radar (again); we had some wonderful family meals there back in the day.
Steve posted quite a lot of detail about the offerings in his article.
so just to clarify because this reads confusing, Trails End is not reopening as a restaurant, but only as a quick service grab n go. Crockets Tavern is reopening as strictly a lounge. is all that correct?
Correct. The Tavern will have food options though like most Lounges at WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
just same ole…the Aramark specials

I really do want/try to pump up things they change…but they have underwhelmed in so many places for so long now it’s very depressing.

Just outsource everything…at this point.

Bocabear

Since 2012, we have been regular guests at Trail's End Restaurant. While I will miss the buffet, the photos suggest a fitting refresh that keeps with the spirit and theme of the resort. Sincerely, this slots into the win column.
So from a restaurant to counter service is a "win"? We used to like going to Trails end to get away from the Magic Kingdom crowds in the evening and then go back to the park for fireworks... It was great, a lot quieter than the MK restaurants, and the best price on property.
As a counter service restaurant, it will be off my list forever, sadly. Seems like the tipping point is rapidly approaching...
dumb it down and raise the prices.... boo.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of putting cold coleslaw on top of your nice warm pulled pork sandwich? I like coleslaw, but on the side. Why would you want to cool down the pork sandwich?

SpaceMountain77

Can someone please explain to me the appeal of putting cold coleslaw on top of your nice warm pulled pork sandwich? I like coleslaw, but on the side. Why would you want to cool down the pork sandwich?

I would say this is more common than not at BBQ restaurants in the northeast.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
1690491538465.png

SpaceMountain77

So from a restaurant to counter service is a "win"? We used to like going to Trails end to get away from the Magic Kingdom crowds in the evening and then go back to the park for fireworks... It was great, a lot quieter than the MK restaurants, and the best price on property.
As a counter service restaurant, it will be off my list forever, sadly. Seems like the tipping point is rapidly approaching...
dumb it down and raise the prices.... boo.
Thematically it is a win. Carousel Coffee at Disney's BoardWalk Inn does not allow you to "experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. (Disney.com)." The Market at Ale & Compass does not allow you to "delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club (Disney.com)." Based on the photos, the team that updated Trail's End understood the assignment as it "evokes the timeless beauty of the American frontier." The charm and theming seems to have been retained and extended.

Before the pandemic, we had the opportunity to speak to a lead at this location during lunch. The restaurant was not busy and we were approached to discuss our experience. At the time, they were transitioning from hot to cold lunch buffet offerings, which included cold honey stung fried chicken. We were told that it was one of the most unpredictable restaurants at Walt Disney World. Day to day, within the same week, they would oscillate from quiet to slammed. They were making changes to the buffet to account for the unpredictability. I have never worked in the restaurant industry, so I cannot speak to this detail, but moving to more cold offerings was advantageous for unexpected traffic because it allowed buffet items to stay out longer.

Guests across the resort travel to Pioneer Hall for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but I doubt many were traveling over to eat at Trail's End. Based solely on our interaction with a lead, I would suspect the conversion was because guests of the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground were not eating at the buffet with regularity.

Bocabear

Thematically it is a win. Carousel Coffee at Disney's BoardWalk Inn does not allow you to "experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. (Disney.com)." The Market at Ale & Compass does not allow you to "delight in the formal grace of a grand New England-style yacht club (Disney.com)." Based on the photos, the team that updated Trail's End understood the assignment as it "evokes the timeless beauty of the American frontier." The charm and theming seems to have been retained and extended.

Before the pandemic, we had the opportunity to speak to a lead at this location during lunch. The restaurant was not busy and we were approached to discuss our experience. At the time, they were transitioning from hot to cold lunch buffet offerings, which included cold honey stung fried chicken. We were told that it was one of the most unpredictable restaurants at Walt Disney World. Day to day, within the same week, they would oscillate from quiet to slammed. They were making changes to the buffet to account for the unpredictability. I have never worked in the restaurant industry, so I cannot speak to this detail, but moving to more cold offerings was advantageous for unexpected traffic because it allowed buffet items to stay out longer.

Guests across the resort travel to Pioneer Hall for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, but I doubt many were traveling over to eat at Trail's End. Based solely on our interaction with a lead, I would suspect the conversion was because guests of the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground were not eating at the buffet with regularity.
That makes sense I guess... We enjoyed it because it was a place you could get away from the noise and screaming kids at most of the other restaurants...It always seemed quieter there and you could sit down and have someone bring you a drink...without going to a $60+ per person meal...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom