News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
You guys are going to have to take my word for this one because it's impossible to get audio of, but PJ's song is playing in the finale again. It sounds very quick-paced and upbeat, perfect for a party scene. I hear a tambourine and trumpet playing, but can't hear any lyrics from the bridge out front. So close, yet so far.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
The more I listen to the instrumentals in this song, the more excited I become. I just heard the bang of a cymbal which is presumably Ralphie on the drums. I think this one is going to deliver.

Edit: I think I just heard Tiana and Naveen singing, as well. The instrumentals are stronger than the lyrics, so it's *very* hard to tell, but I'm truly loving what I'm hearing, even from over 100 feet away.

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
Right!? Not very welcoming is it. Feels corporate.

Some folksy 1920s slang probably wouldn't have hurt. Shame they're insistent on wording us to death.
I for one am glad they contracted with local professional banner-makers to create such a wonderful banner for this "tonight only" event; they were even considerate enough to go into perfect detail of what the event is. If I were a food co-op owner in 1927 throwing a one-night celebration, I would definitely not go to this much trouble.

mickEblu

I for one am glad they contracted with local professional banner-makers to create such a wonderful banner for this "tonight only" event; they were even considerate enough to go into perfect detail of what the event is. If I were a food co-op owner in 1927 throwing a one-night celebration, I would definitely not go to this much trouble.

An astute observation 👆🏼

Haven’t heard anyone else bring this up.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
You guys are going to have to take my word for this one because it's impossible to get audio of, but PJ's song is playing in the finale again. It sounds very quick-paced and upbeat, perfect for a party scene. I hear a tambourine and trumpet playing, but can't hear any lyrics from the bridge out front. So close, yet so far.
Do you think they'll drop a sample of the song prior to the opening? "Leak" or blog post. Seems like it'd be a good way to hype it up.

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t understand the bolded.

And I’m not sure we can really call this a princess ride when the only royal reference we know of is the tiara. Nothing else that’s been revealed about the ride suggests an overly young or “girly” experience, or one more aimed at children than Splash was.
It’s a princess ride. The ride is named after an official Disney princess.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
It’s a princess ride. The ride is named after an official Disney princess.
And they'll be sprinkling many references in the attraction to reinforce that "princess" branding as well. Be it directly referenced in character dialogue, a banner saying "Princess Tiana", the iconic dress finale... and there's possibly even a tiara-centric subplot that's yet to be revealed.

sedati

The yellow of the building has been toned down with faux weathering so it isn't neon-yellow any more. A nice improvement.

Funny how waiting until things are done before giving one's verdict makes one look less... extremist.
Umm, actually- Disney was done and fine with the bright yellow because they're stoopid and don't know how imagineer anymur. Its only because real Disney fans complained that Iger gave bigger budget and brought in Universel artists to fix. I'm hearing budgit for ride now over 800 million. If you don't believe me, I'll send youtube link with googly eye thumbnail.

sedati

I really don’t think the old exterior looked as scary as some here maintain. The briar patch was distinctly cartoony and not, in my view, menacing. The most frightening thing was the drop itself, which still remains visible.
The old exterior was only scary is how much of a mutilated and garish twin it was to it's charming predecessor in California. I'd also say that widening the flume (great idea for capacity) made the drop look much shorter by comparison. Anyway, while my dream was that the rock-work be completely re-worked, this solution by over-growth is still far better looking that what we had before.

LittleBuford

It’s a princess ride.
Not in the sense that people mean here, i.e., something that will primarily appeal to little girls. It’s designed to have the same broad appeal as any other family attraction at Disney.

The critics can’t have it both ways: they’re complaining it’s a princess ride even as they’re bemoaning the fact that Tiana isn’t presented in her pretty royal dress.

Tha Realest

Not in the sense that people mean here, i.e., something that will primarily appeal to little girls. It’s designed to have the same broad appeal as any other family attraction at Disney.

The critics can’t have it both ways: they’re complaining it’s a princess ride even as they’re bemoaning the fact that Tiana isn’t presented in her pretty royal dress.
Setting aside whether this existing ride lends itself to a “Princess” attraction, many of the critiques (mine included) is that the new garb and iteration of Tiana is drawn from “synergy machine” efforts to tie her into a long-gestating Disney+ series which we may never see.

LittleBuford

Setting aside whether this existing ride lends itself to a “Princess” attraction, many of the critiques (mine included) is that the new garb and iteration of Tiana is drawn from “synergy machine” efforts to tie her into a long-gestating Disney+ series which we may never see.
OK, but that’s a separate criticism from the one I was referring to.

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say the last one. She’s probably going to appear in a different princess-ier outfit at the end of the ride anyways… so they can sell more dresses/dolls to children.

LittleBuford

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say the last one.
It started with the reveal of her adventurer costume last year:
So I guess I’ll be the first one who says they absolutely hate it?

I mean, the water tower looks more like a princess than her.
And continued with the reveal of her animatronic this year:
Why are they doing this to Tiana? They're turning her into a career woman with a mom-hairdo and older vibe, instead of the gorgeous and glamorous young Princess she was introduced to us as?

sedati

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom