Daily housekeeping returns to all Deluxe Resorts beginning January 15, 2023

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DVC dues should be as high as they need to be to maintain the rooms at Deluxe standards or higher.
Why do you think they’re not maintained to the same standards?

Hotel rooms are beat to hell…no matter what you charge. Disney made the decision to scale back on services and housekeeping long ago. It really has nothing to do with dvc.

Dvc was designed to do one thing: get fans there repeatedly to buy stuff. It worked for a long time…but the bobs have been systematically destroying that too.
In order to do what you’re Saying - and it wouldn’t give you the result anyway - you’d have to cut the price and increase the dues.
Think that would ever fly?

And Disney is a bad hotelier that has really expensive construction. It’s a catch 22 and paradox all rolled into one.

And don’t fall for Bob’s absolute crap. So many here have. Disneys clienteles is what it is and it’s not changing much. Those two fools said “we’re luxury now…” straight outta their @rses. But it never was and never will be true.
Fans just like to hold on to that garbage cause they really want to believe you can be when you Flock there.
It is an upscale amusement/family zone within that category. Nothing like it.
But it isn’t “luxury”…
You got really pricey Marriotts full of kids there…hence your maintenance disgruntlement.

People now believe “the grand used to be “grand”…

Really? It was a mess. as was it’s sisters around the pool. Run awful with untrained employees off the street. I’m talking 20 years ago? How does that date relate?
And yes…I have an “insider” here…I see him usually a couple times a day in passing

Lilofan

Why do you think they’re not maintained to the same standards?

Hotel rooms are beat to hell…no matter what you charge. Disney made the decision to scale back on services and housekeeping long ago. It really has nothing to do with dvc.

Dvc was designed to do one thing: get fans there repeatedly to buy stuff. It worked for a long time…but the bobs have been systematically destroying that too.
In order to do what you’re Saying - and it wouldn’t give you the result anyway - you’d have to cut the price and increase the dues.
Think that would ever fly?

And Disney is a bad hotelier that has really expensive construction. It’s a catch 22 and paradox all rolled into one.

And don’t fall for Bob’s absolute crap. So many here have. Disneys clienteles is what it is and it’s not changing much. Those two fools said “we’re luxury now…” straight outta their @rses. But it never was and never will be true.
Fans just like to hold on to that garbage cause they really want to believe you can be when you Flock there.
It is an upscale amusement/family zone within that category. Nothing like it.
But it isn’t “luxury”…
You got really pricey Marriotts full of kids there…hence your maintenance disgruntlement.

People now believe “the grand used to be “grand”…

Really? It was a mess. as was it’s sisters around the pool. Run awful with untrained employees off the street. I’m talking 20 years ago? How does that date relate?
And yes…I have an “insider” here…I see him usually a couple times a day in passing
The one story I was told by a CM was when Princess Diana and her two sons stayed at the Grand in the 1990s. Prior to checking in, her suite at GF was prepped. Room repainted, carpeting replaced with new carpet, new mattresses brought in among the improvements for the Princess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The one story I was told by a CM was when Princess Diana and her two sons stayed at the Grand in the 1990s. Prior to checking in, her suite at GF was prepped. Room repainted, carpeting replaced with new carpet, new mattresses brought in among the improvements for the Princess.
There were always special steps taken for those that they didn’t want to cross

Jack-O would run rampant for 10 days at a clip. That was mostly sneaking into rides repeatedly

You know who wanted hermetically sealed bathroom fixtures, door knobs and toilet seats?

I can’t say…

Image result for madonna material girl gif

surfsupdon

I think you have identified a real problem but your reasoning is wrong.

The decline of quality isn’t because of dvc…it’s because everyone started paying too much and accepted cuts/made excuses for them.

Yacht club became land locked when they expanded the convention center. You got really lucky there.
I understand there is not a footprint to expand, but I am fearful for a DVC wing or floor makeover. That'd be a Yacht nightmare.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Theres a new DVC boogyman that will hit with either dues increase or a special assessment to comply with Florida Statute 718.111(2)(g)1(A-J) which has just gone into effect.

Indy_UK

Although I am a DVC owner, I totally agree with you.

Wait, what? DVC never got daily housekeeping.

Back when we bought in 1998, we were told trash & towel service on day 4, full cleaning on day 8. Maybe you didn’t get a competent guide.

Past few years (since the Vegas happening) just like every other resort, someone comes in every day for a “security check”, and because we’re DVC, they take out the trash while they’re checking. We were actually pleasantly surprised that our trash was removed daily on our visit last month.

I know that DVC has never had daily housekeeping . I just feel that with what’s paid in Dues and our DVCs being inside Deluxe resorts then they should be cleaned daily like the standard hotel rooms are

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know that DVC has never had daily housekeeping . I just feel that with what’s paid in Dues and our DVCs being inside Deluxe resorts then they should be cleaned daily like the standard hotel rooms are
That was never the deal. Reduced costs was always part of the dvc model.
The real problem is the rack side was supposed to pay to maintain the overall property and the dvc…not the opposite.

RJ831

This is unacceptable. For the amount money paid to stay at these resorts I expect more not less. Regardless of deluxe, moderate, or economy (can we say class discrimination?). Turndown service is the bare minimum for hospitality and should be done daily. I was shocked to recently stay at the Coronado Springs resort to learn beds would not be made and we would have to request to have trash removed every other day. The rooms felt like a swamp and could not be lowered below 68 degrees. I would expect more from a motel 6 let alone a Disney resort. Super disappointed in our recent stay. I asked management if it was due to staffing and they said no it was due to Covid. Last time I checked Covid does not discriminate between classes, not sure why only deluxe resorts would receive housekeeping services again.

Lilofan

This is unacceptable. For the amount money paid to stay at these resorts I expect more not less. Regardless of deluxe, moderate, or economy (can we say class discrimination?). Turndown service is the bare minimum for hospitality and should be done daily. I was shocked to recently stay at the Coronado Springs resort to learn beds would not be made and we would have to request to have trash removed every other day. The rooms felt like a swamp and could not be lowered below 68 degrees. I would expect more from a motel 6 let alone a Disney resort. Super disappointed in our recent stay. I asked management if it was due to staffing and they said no it was due to Covid. Last time I checked Covid does not discriminate between classes, not sure why only deluxe resorts would receive housekeeping services again.
Can't lower the AC under 68? Even Days Inn where I stayed off of I-95 can adjust temp lower.

surfsupdon

Can't lower the AC under 68? Even Days Inn where I stayed off of I-95 can adjust temp lower.
We couldn’t figure it out either. I thought there was a way to override???

I’d be fine with 68 by day when we were out, but when sleeping it should be cooler!

Lilofan

We couldn’t figure it out either. I thought there was a way to override???

I’d be fine with 68 by day when we were out, but when sleeping it should be cooler!
The $20 trick can work in Vegas with the front desk staff upgrading your room. $20 trick could entice a maintenance CM to override the AC.

Disstevefan1

"As Walt Disney World continues to adapt to meet the needs of Guests, the decision was made to reinstate full housekeeping service at ALL Deluxe Walt Disney World Resort hotels beginning January 15, 2023 (note that select Deluxe hotels already reinstated this service, including Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House).

Here's the updated housekeeping scheduled that will be in place starting January 15, 2023:
  • DELUXE Resorts will receive DAILY full housekeeping service.
  • MODERATE & VALUE Resorts will receive EVERY OTHER DAY full housekeeping service.
  • Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a DVC Resort will continue to receive housekeeping service based on their length of stay. Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests may purchase additional housekeeping service by visiting the front desk or contacting housekeeping via their in-room phone.
Full housekeeping service includes: making the bed, replacing towels and amenities, cleaning the bathroom, emptying the trash and recycling, and tidying the room by dusting, wiping counters, and vacuuming."

Good to see they are throwing a bone to the folks paying the HUGE $$ to stay at the Deluxe resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom