News Space Mountain exterior refurbishment - January 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today - scaffolding has started to be removed from the spires.

C20813E9-0C0A-4295-8466-14771E26A6CF.jpeg
F72A53E9-1CB8-4ECC-9B47-3A02D6E53889.jpeg

note2001

Nothing shouts outdated ideas of 'tomorrow' from the 60s like flat white panels. It should be more sculptured, more kinetic, more organic, more colorful. Say like...

View attachment 700321
Ugh. Not my thing. That looks like it stepped off the pages of Strange World: like a pustule ready to blow.

I'll keep the classic SM look thank you. 👍

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

With Tron open, what are the chances of taking Space offline to upgrade the track system?
About the same as them taking Peter Pan's Flight offline for upgrades after Mermaid opened, or Expedition: Everest going offline after the opening of Pandora.

Admittedly, I wouldn't be shocked if it happened within the next decade just given the lifespan of the existing track. But if history is any indication they won't do it sooner than they have to.

Animaniac93-98

About the same as them taking Peter Pan's Flight offline for upgrades after Mermaid opened, or Expedition: Everest going offline after the opening of Pandora.

Admittedly, I wouldn't be shocked if it happened within the next decade just given the lifespan of the existing track. But if history is any indication they won't do it sooner than they have to.

It's close to 50 years old as is, what is the actual lifespan of such a structure?

JoeCamel

It's close to 50 years old as is, what is the actual lifespan of such a structure?
Nothing like it exists so judging by similar structures it may be a baby
cue @lazyboy97o to let me know it is a standard structure with theming elements, what would I know?

Looks like longer than a residential house built in the '70s

Animaniac93-98

Nothing like it exists so judging by similar structures it may be a baby
cue @lazyboy97o to let me know it is a standard structure with theming elements, what would I know?

Looks like longer than a residential house built in the '70s

I'm sure the mountain itself is pretty solid, I just don't know how long any coaster track can last with routine maintenance alone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom